Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I don't understand the credit cap on premium members.

Elric_VIII

I was hoping by posing it in the form of a rational question rather than a rant/whine I could avoid sifting through the vitriol of those threads to get the real answer. Thank you, though.

Really?

You got the only rational answer there is by that player. Some games allow it other don't. What answer was you expecting from the community, that does not have access to the in working of BW as a company. No player has any info on this subject at all. Any answer you get is baseless in fact. and is just an personal option of the player who posted. even if a player is right in there assumption they could never prove it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could buy off the cred cap here, I would unsubscribe in a billionth of a nanosecond.

Would unsubscribing affect the ability to do what you do currently in the game now or are you only subbed for the credit limit?

Point being if you have to buy unlocks once unsubbed to play as you want to play ( or currently play ) someone has had to spend real money on those unlocks for you to spend credits on them.

You earlier mentioned they had no incentive to ease the preferred player restrictions and whilst this is true for more restrictions I don't feel that is the case for the cap for the reasons I've outlined so far in this thread.

Personally if I lost 50% of my subs due to such a change ( some loony arbitrary number someone mentioned ) but then found that 50% were now buying more real world $ equivalent in unlocks than what they would have previously been paying for in subs I would be happy .... it means I'm making more money.

Though again this relies on sorting out the mess that is the referral system first.

As I see it the incentive should be on uncapping the credits one can have but limiting the way one make generate credits unless they buy unlocks ( heroics, nodes, etc. )

All thread like this do is encourage forum members to bicker over nuance, nonsense, and opinions.

Anyone would think you are new to these forums if you think threads like "this" do that as opposed to threads like almost every thread in the general section. ;)

Would unsubscribing affect the ability to do what you do currently in the game now or are you only subbed for the credit limit?

Point being if you have to buy unlocks once unsubbed to play as you want to play ( or currently play ) someone has had to spend real money on those unlocks for you to spend credits on them.

Have you considered that those unlocks can be purchased with CC obtained via the referral links?

Some people have a LOT of CC from those.

I like to have creds in the game. It does not really matter that much, but I like it and the only reason to play is because we like the game.

Personally if I lost 50% of my subs due to such a change ( some loony arbitrary number someone mentioned ) but then found that 50% were now buying more real world $ equivalent in unlocks than what they would have previously been paying for in subs I would be happy .... it means I'm making more money.

I'm sure they would take the steady money of subscribers over sporadic purchases of CC any day of the week.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I'm sure they would take the steady money of subscribers over sporadic purchases of CC any day of the week.

So far that's certainly true though I have often wondered if they bank more on sustainability of the game via CC sales with such priceless gems as the Unstable Arbiters Saber stuck away in a pack with rather low drop rates.

So far that's certainly true though I have often wondered if they bank more on sustainability of the game via CC sales with such priceless gems as the Unstable Arbiters Saber stuck away in a pack with rather low drop rates.

As noted elsewhere, the game is a sub-based game with a F2P option and a MT store, not a MT-based game with a sub option.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.