Can't trade with companions to change gear.

Uniqueantique

I'l like to remove my Rakata gear from Andronokus and legacy from Talos. I have tried trading, and can't get a trade menu to come up - tried it on 3 companions. I also tried just handing it over (get destroy message, so no on that one.

I have summoned them in my ship, in my stronghold, and on fleet. No luck any location.

It's been a while since I swapped gear out on them, since back when the excess stots on them were removed. I removed their gear - just in case - didn't want items lost in mail. On my mains anyway. So I know that I had no problems them. (none of my alts. lost gear). I have changed out their gear as I leveled, until today?

So maybe I'm missing that 'Doh!' step that's right in front of me?

You can get lots of info by reading the in game tutorials

I'm not sure if I totally understand what you're trying to do. You can not trade with a companion the way you can trade with another player. There is no reason to. You and your companions all use the same inventory.

Summon your companion if you need to. To change your companion's gear just type C (or click the Character Sheet icon on the menu bar) to get the Character Sheet.

At the bottom of the Character sheet are tabs.

One tab is for your Character,

Another tab is for your Ship(if that character has a ship)

Next Tab is for your current Companion. That tab gives you access to change what they are wearing. New companions like Lana , Senya or Koth can not have their clothes changed. That's why all Lanas are dressed the same. Some gear is Companion specific.

Companions no longer get their stats from the gear they are wearing. The gear they are equipped with is solely for their look. Companion's stats level up with you and improve based on the influence level you have with them.

Companions do not have a Outfit Designer Feature like your Character does. Go to Dulfy.net if you need info about the Outfit Designer Feature.

Edited by JediRelentless