Knights of the Fallen Empire: Is it worth playing a second time on opposite factions?

ArkhaanPremiare

I'll start off by saying I've thorougly enjoyed KOTFE, much more than the dull Hutt story and the convoluted crap that was the Shadow of Revan. The male Consular's voice actor has much more character in all of these expansions as well, choosing the occasional Dark Side option doesn't feel nearly as out of place as it use to unless it's just totally heartless.

Now, I don't really care about any of that "endgame" stuff or the alliance side crap, my only concern is the story. I took my Barsen'thor through it first like always since he was my original character, now I'm thinking about playing through it with Darth Nox. I'm aware that class is totally irrelevant save for a few differing lines, but how much different is it for Empire players, if at all? I don't want to bother doing it if every version of the Outlander is just going to play the role of the righteous hero.

Whether it's worth it is entirely up the player, of course. To use Chapter XI as an example:

When you meet Jorgan, there's a line based on class. For example, he can say [iNQUISITOR] You were on the Dark Council... [sMUGGLER] You defeated the Voidwolf, etc.

At the start in the War Room when you talk with Theron about meeting Havoc, an Imperial PC will say something like "Wouldn't they be more comfortable meeting someone from the Republic?"

Different lines in many conversations occur based on whether you're a Republic PC or Imperial PC but overall the conversations follow the same track and end in the same place.

There are examples of class-based lines and lines based on Republic/Empire alignment in the other chapters as well. I can't think of one example where the Republic/Empire alignment has actually mattered.

If you're not keen to run every character you've ever had through the story, personally I would suggest there's more value in playing through at least LS and DS (or based on what you said, making different story choices to the ones you've made previously).

I have 9 characters at different stages of KOTFE and most are light side so in some cases there's not been any difference in my playthroughs apart from a bit of "class flavour". Only 4 are through Chapter XI and I chose those characters based on romance (even knowing that, apart from Aric, there was only one flirt option in the whole chapter and that was with Theron).

It's not really a faction question so much as it's a character question.

For me, my Sith Warrior is the first to go through KOTFE as with all expansions. However, Chapter XI is going to be a big one for the Trooper. (Long story short: Having lost her Republic, Squad, and beloved husband, the Trooper was making a lot of ends justify the means decisions. The return of Aric is BIG for that character.) The trooper's reaction and story in chapter XI are likely to be much different from my SW and even from other pub characters.

Beyond that, the new comps have had unique dialogue and cutscenes with their former PC. Kaliyo and Scorpio have different reactions to the Agent. Tanno has a different reaction to the Trooper.

After that, it's kind of up to you whether it's worth it.

Besides some dialogue options I believe the only things that are different is Dromund Kaas in the visions instead of Coruscant and vice versa. Also Pierce and 4X are faction exclusive.

Everything else is character exclusive, though it's about time they get around to more characters then just trooper and agent they have almost are there companions back/ seen in story now

Edited by Newyankalt

It really boils down to taste. Me personally...I've enjoyed the KotFE story enough that I've played thru it 15+ times with more characters getting ready to start.

At minimum OP, I'd suggest you at least play through LS/DS, and seeing how much the "force" factors in the story...I'd also suggest playing thru with a JK & SW.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.