KotFE romances bugged...

Normandyn

The game will not allow me to romance Lanna or Koth. I flirted with Lanna at all possible moments. Including Shadow of Raven. And it still will only go right to Theron. I hope this is just a bug and that it will be fixed soon. So I can continue with the amazing story.

First question, in the cantina, when the camera is pointed at Theron do you have these options?

1. (Flirt) Id like to speak with one of you.

2. Id like to speak with one of you

If no, there is no line that says "(Flirt) Id like to speak with ONE of you" then you might be bugged. BUT, there was a post a while back from the devs that said certain flirts were required to flag the Lana romance, you might have missed one/some.

If you did have the line that said "(Flirt) Id like to speak to one of you", congrats on assuming it meant "Oooooh Theron I want to jump your bones!" :p

The devs mistakenly thought that most people would realize saying ONE of you meant you wanted to speak with one of the three people you were talking to. If they had meant "Ooooh Theron I want to jump your bones!" They would have put "(Flirt) Id like to speak to you Theron"

(Myself im still imagining a bunch of homophobic guys seeing (Flirt) and Therons face and immediately panicing and skipping reading the rest every time this comes up :p)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

First question, in the cantina, when the camera is pointed at Theron do you have these options?

1. (Flirt) Id like to speak with one of you.

2. Id like to speak with one of you

If no, there is no line that says "(Flirt) Id like to speak with ONE of you" then you might be bugged. BUT, there was a post a while back from the devs that said certain flirts were required to flag the Lana romance, you might have missed one/some.

If you did have the line that said "(Flirt) Id like to speak to one of you", congrats on assuming it meant "Oooooh Theron I want to jump your bones!" :p

The devs mistakenly thought that most people would realize saying ONE of you meant you wanted to speak with one of the three people you were talking to. If they had meant "Ooooh Theron I want to jump your bones!" They would have put "(Flirt) Id like to speak to you Theron"

(Myself im still imagining a bunch of homophobic guys seeing (Flirt) and Therons face and immediately panicing and skipping reading the rest every time this comes up :p)

This all doesn't bug me as much as they've made it the ONE chance to start a romance with Lana because they can't be bothered to insert any other points where you can either have a chance to replay the conversation or even cheese it by doing a KOTOR-styled version of it. You get the one, badly designed, incompetently framed opportunity and that's it. Even Bioware single player romances aren't all so badly designed (although DA:I comes close).

Edit: And oh yeah, apparently there IS a bug concerning this scene that people have been running up against even if they nailed every flirt right anyways due to one of the last few patches (or at least that's what's been said) so you could be screwed anyways if you did everything right. Again, another reason for devs to actually think less about putting their story entirely on rails and maybe giving some second opportunities as a roundabout way of fixing their own screw-ups.

Edited by RDSmokey
cuz i can