Female Trooper and Aric in Chapter XI

MishaCantu

I actually have 3 female troopers, 1 never romanced Aric, 1 stayed true to him and the other one cheated with Theron.

All of you who have Aric as a romance pretty much know how the story goes. But the one who cheated and broke up with him was rather gut wrenching. The dialogue was totally not what I expected and

He says "that" line anyway during the end battle cutscene when you are about to get overrun by sky troopers.

Much better heart string writing than when I broke up with Kaliyo on my male Imperial Agent.

As a side note, I rather enjoyed this chapter better than 10 even without the mushy stuff. Well, except for that awkward cantina scene. Not even sure what that was about.

Could you possibly share how the break up played out?

I'm soft & haven't had my characters cheat on anyone (except my SW because ... yeah :rolleyes:). Would love it see how BW handle it.

Edited by Ceinwyn

Your line basically goes that it (your relationship and life and stuff and all) isn't what it was five years before. My trooperette went with Lana, and to understand my motivation in turning away Aric - I wasn't at all happy doing that, because he deserved better than all that - you have to understand why she went with Lana in the third place.

OK, yes, she married Aric. On Voss, I think, maybe Corellia.

When she was doing SoR, it was still 3.X time, and she ran habitually with Elara with her bias set to healer, so Aric didn't see her flirting a bit with Lana and all the way with Theron.

Eventually KotFE came out, and she reached *that* scene in the swamp. The search for drinkable water, the pool where you get your first flirt option for Lana.

Digression: that was late October. Back in July my wife passed away, and an old friend invited me to lunch to give me a chance to talk it out a bit. She talked about why it was that she ended up in Paris, and her story had parallels with my trooper's story - life turned upside down by events, journey through dark places, rejection of old relationships, the whole thing.

So when my trooper, who, in my plans, was going to resume the Theron thing, looked at Lana by the pool in the swamp, and [Flirt] came up. The situation grabbed hold of those parallels, and I had to finish them. My old friend had, after rejecting those old relationships, ended up in a new relationship, but this time with a woman. So, logically, the way to finish the parallels was to select [Flirt] every time a conversation with Lana offered it.

And then I met Aric in the swamp, and all those reasons piled up together to say that it would be immensely far out of character for her to turn back to him. So I picked the other option. But I looked at it for a long time before I picked it.

Your line basically goes that it (your relationship and life and stuff and all) isn't what it was five years before. My trooperette went with Lana, and to understand my motivation in turning away Aric - I wasn't at all happy doing that, because he deserved better than all that - you have to understand why she went with Lana in the third place.

OK, yes, she married Aric. On Voss, I think, maybe Corellia.

When she was doing SoR, it was still 3.X time, and she ran habitually with Elara with her bias set to healer, so Aric didn't see her flirting a bit with Lana and all the way with Theron.

Eventually KotFE came out, and she reached *that* scene in the swamp. The search for drinkable water, the pool where you get your first flirt option for Lana.

Digression: that was late October. Back in July my wife passed away, and an old friend invited me to lunch to give me a chance to talk it out a bit. She talked about why it was that she ended up in Paris, and her story had parallels with my trooper's story - life turned upside down by events, journey through dark places, rejection of old relationships, the whole thing.

So when my trooper, who, in my plans, was going to resume the Theron thing, looked at Lana by the pool in the swamp, and [Flirt] came up. The situation grabbed hold of those parallels, and I had to finish them. My old friend had, after rejecting those old relationships, ended up in a new relationship, but this time with a woman. So, logically, the way to finish the parallels was to select [Flirt] every time a conversation with Lana offered it.

And then I met Aric in the swamp, and all those reasons piled up together to say that it would be immensely far out of character for her to turn back to him. So I picked the other option. But I looked at it for a long time before I picked it.

What was his response?

What was his response?

He "greatly disapproves" of course, and is obviously disappointed, but his professional soldier side wins out, and he continues the fight without any further ado. At the end of the battle, when it looks like it is game over, with skytroopers all around, he still says *that* line. See the second box.

He has been written to have picked up the wisdom to see that when you say that it is over, it really is over, and that trying to persuade you otherwise is a recipe for all-round and enduring unhappiness.

"I love you." Duh.

Overall, I was slightly disappointed in a way, but relieved in another. But it made me think again about what I had decided to do. (I had planned to stick with Lana, and I did in the end, but I stared for a long time at the [Flirt] choice.)

I think there's a partial transcript on Dulfy.

In a way, even once you ignore the fact that I'm a bloke in the Real World, and my character's not a bloke, the whole sequence is a bit out of character for me. But it worked well enough given who the characters were.

I've been looking on YouTube and can't find anything yet but if someone spots a video that shows the scene and what happens if you end the marriage, please share :)

I broke up with Jorgan on my trooper, you say to him ,,Its been a long time we cant pick up where we left off" and he says ,,I had a lot of time to think about us, you should too, I'll give you some time to think about it" and he walks away all sad and I think he even sheds a tear, its so sad xD and when you are fighting and you ask him if he has any last words he says something like ,,Can that garbage... and I love you". And thats about it

His response was not a rant or pleading or snarky like Kaliyo or anything like that, it was simply:

"I've had years to think about us. I can give you some time." I somehow found this to be more gut wrenching than if he had gone on a rant or anything else. He is Cathar, they mate for life and I don't know if he will be able to move on. And then the "I love you" when he thinks we are all going to die, just added the icing,.

Anyway, it was very Aric, very stoic and he will soldier on albeit that he is a bit broken now. His voice actor did a wonderful job.

I doubt that bioware will have the foresight, but I wonder if there will be another chance to rekindle romances before the very end of the KOTFE story line and we will lose that companion forever after a last good-bye.

I definitely agree with you guys that Timothy Omundson did an amazing job on the voice work in this episode. I thought about checking out the other option just to see what the dialogue was, but didn't want to risk missing the spacebar window. Having to re-roll another Trooper just to reach that conversation again would have been a bit harrowing.

His response was not a rant or pleading or snarky like Kaliyo or anything like that, it was simply:

"I've had years to think about us. I can give you some time." I somehow found this to be more gut wrenching than if he had gone on a rant or anything else. He is Cathar, they mate for life and I don't know if he will be able to move on. And then the "I love you" when he thinks we are all going to die, just added the icing,.

Anyway, it was very Aric, very stoic and he will soldier on albeit that he is a bit broken now. His voice actor did a wonderful job.

I doubt that bioware will have the foresight, but I wonder if there will be another chance to rekindle romances before the very end of the KOTFE story line and we will lose that companion forever after a last good-bye.

Aww that half breaks my heart. Glad I didn't dump him. It's odd, all my other chars have pretty much mindlessly flocked to Theron but Aric's the one companion I couldn't do that to. Whoever wrote his story and the guy who voiced him have done such an amazing job. I think the only threat that will ever come to my Trooper and Aric's marriage is if Jonas finally becomes a LI though in that case I'd probably roll a 2nd one.

Aww. Thanks for posting that. I have to say, I like Aric more after playing Chapter 11. I hesitated to romance him during the vanilla story and now I feel like an idiot!

It is such a girly thing to do, but the romance between my zabrak and him just never fit. I felt so guilty that I made a cathar trooper just for him. Not something I would do for any other LI. He is just such a romantic beneath all that bluster it made me feel bad.

Although I might be tempted to roll another female agent and cheat because Vector is pure poetry and I would like to see what a break up would do to him.

I have done some experimenting with the story such as blow stuff up, or not, kneel to Valkorian or not, use his power or not, cheat or not, it just makes replaying the chapters more interesting, at least for me.

Aww. Thanks for posting that. I have to say, I like Aric more after playing Chapter 11. I hesitated to romance him during the vanilla story and now I feel like an idiot!

Not going to lie I to wasn't a huge fan of the Jorgan romance, I mainly did it because I wanted to explore all the original LI's back in the day. Now after having done Chapter 11 with my Trooper who romanced him I got to admit the reunion was incredibly sweet (also tks to top notch VA from Jorgan and Fem Trooper) that I think I gained a new love for the guy, I look forward to seeing more of him :)

Edited by BlueShiftRecall