Synthweaving Reverse Engineering

ExarKyp

I've had this looked into at least once, and the answer I received was incorrect. Reverse Engineering Bonded Attachments on my Synthweaver does not give and Augmentation Slot Components, regardless of the level of the bonded attachment or the amount disassembled at any given time, or the amount in the character's inventory. Other crafters have no issues receiving these components on any level of reverse engineered bonded attachments.

Character Name: White-Sonja

Server: Prophecy of the Five

Faction: Republic

Initial Ticket #: 23740094

Edited by ExarKyp

So, just updating this topic - I've found that the issue is NOT related directly to synthweaving, but instead to the loot tables associated with reverse engineering. I've tested and confirmed that ANY time an attempt is made to diassmble more than 100 of a single item at a time, the augmentation slot components will NOT be received, and from that point FORWARD, none will be received, regardless if the amount disassembled is below 100. For some reason, the variable does not pass correctly for augmentation slot components specifically over 100, and then is permanently removed from being passed. Please get this corrected, thanks!

I am experiencing a similar problem. Up until last night, I've been able to reverse engineer any quantities of Synthweaving or Armormech bonded attachments—anywhere from one to hundreds at a time—without any issues. If I reverse engineered 500 bonded attachments, I received 500 Augmentation Slot Components and ~250 each of the other materials. No problem.

As of this morning, neither character is receiving any Augmentation Slot Components. Exiting to desktop and logging back in didn't seem to fix the problem.

• 4 months later...
Could you let us know the work around you've found? I'm experiencing this bug as well.

I haven't done any crafting for ages, but if I recall correctly, this is what I tested out that day.

If you do either of the following, you'll lose the ability to reverse engineer your crafting crew skill's bonded attachments:

1. While you are casting Reverse Engineer, if one of your crew members finishes crafting a bonded attachment that gets added to that same stack, the items left over after the cast (and any future items added to that stack) will be be "tainted". The game considers them as already having been RE'd, and it doesn't give you components no matter how many out of that stack you try to Reverse Engineer.

2. If you buy bonded attachments for your skill off the GTN or from another player, those items can't be reverse engineered into components. Any additional attachments you add to that stack also don't reverse engineer into components, even if you craft them yourself.

The solution, as it turns out, is pretty simple: put all of your attachments in your cargo hold, craft a new stack of attachments, then withdraw the tainted attachments from your cargo hold and add them directly to the "clean" stack. That combined stack is good to go and will give you components again.

Edited by canadiantemplar