New with 4.2: Insta-Crash When Tracking Missions on Map

maurr

This issue has begun with the most recent patch and has never existed in any form on any of the computers I play the game on.

Facts::

My game crashes instantaneously and with no windows crash code/report every time I look at my map WITH A MISSION OBJECTIVE TRACKED IN THE AREA, and hover over the objective.

If I am on the fleet I can track missions as well as look at the map without crashing.

If I were to take a Heroic Transport to an area and then check the map to see where the area is, I crash.

If I take a Heroic Transport to an area, then UNTRACK the mission before looking at the map, I do not crash.

The game crashed even with the option enabled to "Display map notes for untracked missions."

Knowing this, in addition to the absence of many other reports flowing through this section, I conclude that the issue is isolated to certain machines/OS versions that were untested with the recent patch (Inferring there was testing at all, but that's for another day). Has anyone had this issue and been able to fix it? otherwise it looks like I'm gonna be out of a game soon.

Edited by maurr

Hi, I am also experiencing exactly these issues. I searched the Internetz and seems like we are not alone in this issue. Have been playing this game since launch but this is first time it is crashing like that. I would also note that it crashes for me when hovering over quest item in quest log located in upper right corner of the screen.

However, it is mostly annoying and greatly influences game experience and I what is the worst, I was not able to solve it. BIOS all drivers are up-to date. I also deleted graphics driver and installed fresh new one. Literally running out of things I can think of.

Please see the following thread here in this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/INFO-Known-Issues-and-Current-Alerts-8th-Mar-16/m-p/4886775#U4886775

Symptom: Crash on Mouse over of Map with Intel Video Cards -

Workaround: driver version prior to Sep 15 appears to remove this issue, see here.

(Source) also try installing this particular Directx redist.

Having the exact same problem here. Its getting annoying and i am slowly losing faith in the game. Plus I cant even install the driver properly. Could someone tell me the requirements for the new driver? Btw, the driver says I dont meet the minimum system requirements to install. Edited by divyaanshsinha
incomplete