Cannot install 4.2 files need fixing?

Lord-Nevets

Logged in a couple hours ago and let the download start, after it reached 100% and started to install it only got a few % in and said "error" fix 5 errors....so I clicked the fix link and it said 31 files repairing..an hour later it got to about half way and it stopped and started fixing them again..***? driving me up the wall, my data cap from my isp is going to go over real fast if I keep having to try download, please help anyone?

I had similar issues on previous patch...sadly I also ran out of bandwidth...I flipped and was going to let go of the game.

one of the guys here in the forums was very helpful and guided me to reinstall the game fresh without the streaming part which was the cause of all my problems. if you wish to start fresh let us know and we shall guide you through it.

i had to uninstall my client and it is is still reinstalling from yesterday. had a serious file corruption that couldnt be fixed with the repair tool. besides its given me the chance to get rid of bitraider in the process.

Take the system to a clean boot - per here if it is halting on install after download , I would start with antivirus settings

just remember to return to normal boot

launcher log may provide a better idea of what is going on

Edited by OwenBrooks

I got a feeling no matter what I do this wont bloody work..if I just wait a few dfays will they fix this ****?

also the launcher .setting file do I need to change that back to the original file type? its still a notepad

Edited by Lord-Nevets

Not without assistance from you , there can be a number of reasons for this.

If you like make a post here and attach the most recent launcher log ( in a log folder off the main game folder)

Mention what Antivirus is being used will be handy , and just in case if you have ever altered or removed the loadingscreen jpg this can also cause a 0% halt on install.

I got a feeling no matter what I do this wont bloody work..if I just wait a few dfays will they fix this ****?

also the launcher .setting file do I need to change that back to the original file type? its still a notepad

Yes do not alter the file type to .txt keep it as it is (.settings)

Edited by OwenBrooks

Should be fine , like i said if you changed it you would see a 2nd launcher.settings after the next launch

copy the below into there this is a vanilla launcher.settings for SSN

{ "Login": ""

, "LastProduct": ""

, "downloadRate": "0"

, "language": "en-us"

, "TestServerAccess": "No"

, "AutoClose": "NONE"

, "KillKillProc": false

, "LastMode": ""

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_download_complete": { }

, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"

, "bitraider_disable": true

, "PickedEnvironments": "swtor"

}

Edited by OwenBrooks

I do have 2 one called launcher and one called launcher.settings and in the launcher.settings one I have all this info (removed my login for obvious reasons ) and in the first one is the info you gave me..do I delete one of these files?

I have also removed assets folder movies folder and brwc_swotor

{ "Login": "l"

, "LastProduct": ""

, "downloadRate": "0"

, "language": "en-us"

, "TestServerAccess": "No"

, "SpecHash": "3980537397.1801176039,4202429493.513078687,4019418632.3106604617,4070102798.1331441382,2959285676.3618933155,2852980623.3518917936,1978631992.149023760,3122022111.883905166,"

, "AutoClose": "NONE"

, "KillKillProc": "false"

, "LastMode": "PROD"

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_download_complete": { }

, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"

, "bitraider_disable": true

, "DevLogin": ""

, "EnableAutoEnvironment": "false"

, "LastEnvironment": ""

, "loglevels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"

, "enableRateLimit": "false"

, "uploadRate": "0"

, "InternalLaunchpad": "null"

, "InternalGamepad": "null"

, "ExternalLaunchpad": "null"

, "ExternalGamepad": "null"

, "HardPatcherMode": "PROD"

, "ShowExternalUI": "false"

, "InternalPlayableProgressTransitionValue": "0"

, "InternalVirtualAsset_Name": "REQUIRED"

, "InternalVirtualAsset_Assets": "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,42,52,63,80,91,101,113,122,132,144,154,164,178,191,200"

, "BitRaiderSourceOverride": ""

, "P2PEnabled": "false"

, "PickedEnvironments": "swtor"

}

Edited by Lord-Nevets

umm the one below didnt need to be deleted , if you didnt have a bitraider folder you may have been on SSN in which case restore the asset folder etc and the below file if you can

brwc_swotor

and yes keep the launcher.settings file

Edited by OwenBrooks

ok I put the brwc_swtor movie and assets back into it and now it says I have 5 errors..so in other words I am back to square 1

No not square 1 , I have a better idea of what has occured now

To give you some background there is 2 patching methods with swtor

One is Solid State Networks (SSN) and was the original patch method for the game , the entire game is needed to be downloaded to play

Second is Bitraider and is what is referred to as streaming.

Now back to SSN , it is very finicky if there is minor corruption occuring , say from memory or wireless patching , it will get into what seems a endless repair loop once triggered.

Now simplest thing to do here is simply delete the asset folder and redownload , ( can try and waste hours fighting the source but time has said simply delete the asset folder is less stressful).

There was a small number of users that couldnt identify the source of corruption with SSN and is one reason why Bitraider was introduced as an alternative.

Bottom line for now , close the launcher , delete the asset folder and start the launcher , good chance once done you are back in the game, if it plays up let me know here and can try and look for a source or switch patch methods

Edited by OwenBrooks

trend micro

also removed the folder "patch" and its still the same..also everytime I have to close the launcher it freezes and I have to task manager to close it been doing that all night to close em

Edited by Lord-Nevets