+1 Sith marauder...

shadowcreaper

So i going Sith marauder after finally getting into the game.......the horror:eek:

Wanted a class that is good at dps but i know people say its rubbish but i wanted to check myself as i know some people dont understand how some classes work, ie cannot click spam 2 win..

Question i have is:

Going for crew skills, artifice archlog and treasure hunting(was going to go slicing but after nurff, no thank you)

does this sound good?

Looking to make my own light sabres and such.

+1 marauder,

I went Synthweave, Archo and Underworld Trading. I would much prefer to make my own armor - since there's multiple slots I can fill.

TBH - anything works. But if you want to make cash w/ your profession, Artifice or Cybertech is best..allows you to sell mods/augs/enhancements.

I went Synthweave, Archo and Underworld Trading. I would much prefer to make my own armor - since there's multiple slots I can fill.

TBH - anything works. But if you want to make cash w/ your profession, Artifice or Cybertech is best..allows you to sell mods/augs/enhancements.

artifice makes mods, which can fill even more slots than synthweaving :)

buy yea, anything works

artifice makes mods but no armor

synth makes armor but no mods

and whether you craft stuff or not, imo mods are the way to go, easy to upgrade your gear, 2 comms per normal mod, 7 per hilt/barrel or armoring, you can easily keep stuff within 2 planets of current

Honestly, I don't know what people are talking about. I do good with my Marauder and barely have trouble. Only a few times were things a bit difficult but it made it fun, and challenging. I love challenging myself so it didn't bother me. I'm a lvl 29 and I know things are going to even get better.

I keep up on gear, work for commendations, use them wisely ect... I have the exact skills you are looking at and it's been great. I love making all my lightsaber and armor mods and keeping all my gear upgraded and above average. I even sell some stuff on the GTN and have made some money.

Don't listen to others. Don't let anyone discourage you. You never know where they went wrong or where their true “facts” come from. Too many people make their opinions and guesses look like actualities when its nothing but an opinion. I have seen many say there is a higher learning curve with the warrior and I tend to agree. You really need to take advantage of your entire ability set to survive and surpass. It may get too involved for some, or people don't care to learn to use so many different situational abilities so perhaps they dislike the class because of that. Who knows...

thanks for info ^^

If you dont mind could you give us some advice on crafting with those skills, as i know how to craft but im sure there are things which are good to know.

So far it has been hard on some bosses but once i get my hotbar sorted and figue out skills and rotations it will work out.

So far the only advice I can give (trying to keep it objective) is when sending companions out for mats, it can really add up. Picking up every archeology node you come by in the world will help with this. Also about reverse engineering things...

When it comes to reverse engineering, anytime you make an item, like a hilt for example, and RE it, you have a chance to unlock the “blue” quality version of that item, which has higher stats than that original green. Likewise, if you do it to the blue, you have a chance to unlock a “purple” quality of the same item with even higher stats. I wouldn't recommend trying to sell anything less than the blue quality items, as they actually take work to create. I usually try to RE to get at least the blue version for those type of mods. At the earlier lvls making the purples are easier than they are where I am now (lvl 30). I don't bother RE for purples because the chance to unlock it gets really scarce. I rather save the mats. It wasn't until lvl 25ish until I started getting mods of the same value from mission rewards. So this always gave me the edge.

Treasure hunting I found myself not using for the companion gifts or lockboxes much, only used it for the gems I needed. I don't remember lockboxes giving that much back in terms of credits and gear, but you can get lucky.

Thats all I can think of right now, i'll add later if I think of anything else.