Chapter 11, Elara Dorne, and the Elephant in the room.

dfleha

It's handled pretty badly overall and made worse by the fact that you can't follow up at all (even as a male trooper that might, you know, be interested in knowing where his wife is) and you can't bring up the other squad members either, even just to say "Yuun/4X are back in my alliance". Jorgan doesn't ask about or mention those two or Vik, either.

Much as I don't want to defend lazy writing, I suspect that is because doing all the Alliance Alert stuff and getting Yuun & 4X back before meeting Jorgan is optional. Still, it would be nice if it came up.

Much as I don't want to defend lazy writing, I suspect that is because doing all the Alliance Alert stuff and getting Yuun & 4X back before meeting Jorgan is optional. Still, it would be nice if it came up.

That's true. But why not have a dialogue option to mention them if you have recruited one or both of them? Or mention having run into Vik? Why doesn't Jorgan care about where his former squadmates are, too? Even with Elara, who is mentioned, why isn't there at least a line for a male trooper that romanced her to ask Jorgan where his wife is?

I mean, Bioware included a line in Chapter 10(**) for Jedi Knights who had met Kaliyo through Doc's companion conversations, why couldn't they spend a tiny bit of time/effort for a much more important relationship/connection? It just comes across as very lazy/poorly done, especially since the same issue has plagued almost every reunion - it's as if nobody cares about the people they were working/living with for months. I can't help but think it's because they don't want to deal with the in-universe implications of their out-of-universe decision to drag out companion returns as long as possible by having everyone conveniently fall completely and totally out of touch...sure, some companions didn't get along, or might not care, but everyone?

** It was bugged but - "•Jedi Knights that have completed the Mission “Healing a Hutt” now have the correct line when first meeting Firebrand in Chapter X. " in the 4.2 patch notes.

Edited by Lesaberisa

That's true. But why not have a dialogue option to mention them if you have recruited one or both of them? Or mention having run into Vik? Why doesn't Jorgan care about where his former squadmates are, too? Even with Elara, who is mentioned, why isn't there at least a line for a male trooper that romanced her to ask Jorgan where his wife is?

I mean, Bioware included a line in Chapter 10(**) for Jedi Knights who had met Kaliyo through Doc's companion conversations, why couldn't they spend a tiny bit of time/effort for a much more important relationship/connection? It just comes across as very lazy/poorly done, especially since the same issue has plagued almost every reunion - it's as if nobody cares about the people they were working/living with for months. I can't help but think it's because they don't want to deal with the in-universe implications of their out-of-universe decision to drag out companion returns as long as possible by having everyone conveniently fall completely and totally out of touch...sure, some companions didn't get along, or might not care, but everyone?

** It was bugged but - "•Jedi Knights that have completed the Mission “Healing a Hutt” now have the correct line when first meeting Firebrand in Chapter X. " in the 4.2 patch notes.

Chapter X also has the agent line about Lokin...

It's handled pretty badly overall and made worse by the fact that you can't follow up at all (even as a male trooper that might, you know, be interested in knowing where his wife is) and you can't bring up the other squad members either, even just to say "Yuun/4X are back in my alliance". Jorgan doesn't ask about or mention those two or Vik, either.

This exactly. I loved Chapter 11 and seeing Jorgan again and the feel of it. I'm happy I got the "thin ice" line and heard anything about her at all. I'm pretty frustrated I couldn't mention recruiting Yuun and 4X when Agents could mention Lokin. That short cantina scene where it's "go to cantina" and then "get called back to war room"? I wish it had been Trooper + Jorgan sitting down for a drink, then seeing Yuun or 4X go by in the background and having Jorgan wave at them both.

• 3 weeks later...
This exactly. I loved Chapter 11 and seeing Jorgan again and the feel of it. I'm happy I got the "thin ice" line and heard anything about her at all. I'm pretty frustrated I couldn't mention recruiting Yuun and 4X when Agents could mention Lokin. That short cantina scene where it's "go to cantina" and then "get called back to war room"? I wish it had been Trooper + Jorgan sitting down for a drink, then seeing Yuun or 4X go by in the background and having Jorgan wave at them both.

Oh I'd LOVE that last part. A little "Hey, Little Guy" or something.

And yeah, Elara on thin ice, I got that part with my male troop, but was disappointed there wasn't more. My trooper even has Elara as a stronghold decoration in his bedroom where in theory he could look at her before going to sleep, whenever he gets to actually stay in his stronghold. So yeah, I think he'd want a little more info lol

Yeah, they had a little scene at the end of chapter X for Kalyio, Scorpio and Lokin (I think) why was there nothing similar for chapter XI it would have been a prefect reason to be in the cantina for that short time instead of what we got.

Yep that is it in a large nutshell. In her letter Elara stated, "Jorgan and I have pursued every available option, but our final appeal has failed. Legally you have been declared killed in action." Don't you think with any desire to fulfill an accurate and consistant story line, they would have thought this through and included more. Why am I so concerned by this? I have played this game for the story line and trusted the quality of it thus far. I hope that this is not an indication on how sloppy BW is going to be with the other characters in this game. My opinion, but it seems other's felt the same. I hope BW takes note.

Same goes for every other class-specific companion when recruited by their former masters... When my warrior met Pierce, she never asked what had happened to the other teammates. Even if there was no marriage involved, it would've been nice to know and the most natural thing in the world to ask. :confused: They couldve said "we split up there and there and I dont know after that" or something... But I guess the dialog is written by other people now.. which is sad. Bioware is letting its standards slip so bad.