Anarchist pack bug *warning*.

wraithrisen

According to the Cartel Market advertising each anarchist pack is supposed to contain 4 items.

Here is the original claim they made about the backs, and this is mirrored in the advertising on the Cartel Market for it.

Hey folks,

As you may know, our Cartel Market team has been making constant adjustments to how packs work, since our rework in Fallen Empire. We have heard in the past few months a lot of feedback from players that they really like the functionality of the “Grand Packs.” Think of anything from the Bronze, Silver, Gold Packs to the old Grand packs we released last year. Because of this, we are making some changes to the new pack which will release with 4.1.

Currently when you open a Cartel Market pack, this is what you receive:

2 items from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc)

1 rank 5 or 6 Companion Gift

1 Scrap

When you open the new Anarchist Pack in 4.1 you will receive the following:

2 items- either a new item from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc) or a Grand Chance Cube (more on this in a second)

1 rank 5 or 6 Companion Gift

1 Scrap

So, that means when you open a pack you get 4 items. One of them is a stack of scrap, and the other is a companion gift. The other two, essentially the VALUE of the pack, is mounts, decorations, weapons.... often chance cubes etc.

I have opened over 100 packs.

One of these only contained the scrap and companion gift. Not items.

In my mind this was a glitch because the advertisement clearly said you will get 4 items.

When I contacted customer service they replied that despite the advertising none of the items are 100%. So there is nothing wrong with only getting scrap and companion gift.

So it is possible to open a pack and LITERALLY GET NO ITEMS WHATSOEVER.

Be warned. Claiming that there is no certainty you will get ANYTHING AT ALL is false advertising.

Are you sure you didn't open a pack while not having enough inventory slots open. Are you sure that in your zeal to open them, that you didn't already click on said pack in which the game filled your inventory but left the remaining items in the pack until you clicked it again with free inventory space? Cause that is a pretty common occurance. The pack won't consume until all items can be taken out of it.

There is at least one thread for every new pack of someone claiming that the pack was empty or had less items than there should be. I have opened thousands of packs by now and never ever did that occur to me. So I guess: Pic or it didn't happen.

Are you sure you didn't open a pack while not having enough inventory slots open. Are you sure that in your zeal to open them, that you didn't already click on said pack in which the game filled your inventory but left the remaining items in the pack until you clicked it again with free inventory space? Cause that is a pretty common occurance. The pack won't consume until all items can be taken out of it.

Yes, I am absolutely positive. And apparently so is Bioware.

I opened 8 yesterday and none of them were bugged.

I think it is a rare bug. I have opened over 100. Opening only 8 does not indicate that it is fine if it is rare.

Here is what I think is happening.

You have two trash items, the companion gift and the scrap. Those are each 100% (despite what the customer service rep said).

THe other two items are SUPPOSED to be 100% but are rolled on a very long loot table with 50% chance of being a Grand chance cube.

I think that loot table has a low probability null item that does not exist in the game. If you hit that you get nothing.

I have seen a few packs with three items.

So I suspect if you double roll you get no items.

But the advertising does not indicate there is a null chance. So I suspect it is a bug and the loot table has a low drop rate item on it that does not exist in the game so it is not showing up in the packs when opened.

Edited by wraithrisen

There is at least one thread for every new pack of someone claiming that the pack was empty or had less items than there should be. I have opened thousands of packs by now and never ever did that occur to me. So I guess: Pic or it didn't happen.

I put the time I opened the item in my post to customer service and they checked. I really don't care if you believe it happened. THey know it did.