wait times on HM FP que

stoopidmunkey

tacticals no complaints, however the wait times for the Hard Mode FP's is ridiculous. Can anything be done abt this?

Of the general population, maybe 10% tanks, 10% healers, and rest are DPS. So, you play the numbers game where significant population of DPS compared to healers and tanks thus queue times are directly proportional to the number of tanks queued.

However, probably less than half of the tanks will queue for hm fp and probably half of that half. There are many reasons, but you can primarily blame (some of) the DPS and or player base in general for alienating tanks. I know I will never tank a hm fp again as i see it mostly as just a giant waste of time.

As an aside, flashpoints in general are a giant waste of my patience. Queued into a tactical once and was immediately kicked JUST for being a sentinel as was the OTHER sentinel that randomly queued. So why would I want to queue when i meet people like THAT when the vitriol shown to tanks is 10x that shown to dps.

so want to change queue times, change the player base.

tacticals no complaints, however the wait times for the Hard Mode FP's is ridiculous. Can anything be done abt this?

I am a healer and unless my boyfriend (tank) is doing any flashpoints I don't waste my time queing as there as some people in these que's I do not want to deal with. Not everyone but enough to make a lot of people not do the que's for groups thar are not guild or friend based groups.

I am a healer and unless my boyfriend (tank) is doing any flashpoints I don't waste my time queing as there as some people in these que's I do not want to deal with. Not everyone but enough to make a lot of people not do the que's for groups thar are not guild or friend based groups.

This is true, too. There's a whole lot of stupid out there. :eek:

What is better a tank or healer? I find pugging to be challenge, which is why I like pugging. Nothing like tanking the little robot boss in ravagers on a sniper.

It's preference. But when I queue up on a tank, it's almost always an instantaneous pop. With a healer, you may still have a wait time, but not as long as dps.

A problem you may run into, though, is getting some moron that queues up as tank and dps, pops for tank, and accepts. Then you're stuck without a tank and the whole FP turns into a fiasco because the healer's stressed out trying to keep everyone alive and no one, especially the "tank," bothers to keep aggro off the healer. You end up with the "tank" fighting 1 mob, each dps with their own mob and the healer with the other 4+ mobs pounding on them.

Then there's the flip-side to that: A dps that double queues as dps and heals. You end up with a tank and 3 dps because the "healer" refuses to heal anyone because they're not a healer.

That's part of what I meant in my previous post about "A whole lot of stupid.." ;)