What happens if you recruited Kaliyo or Blizz before 4.1?

Jaince

I don't know for sure, but I think they'd probably become unavailable for the mission, and then they'd move to the appropriate group under the influence tab. Like from "Old Companions" to "Story Companions." (I forgot the names of the groups)

I don't know for sure, but I think they'd probably become unavailable for the mission, and then they'd move to the appropriate group under the influence tab. Like from "Old Companions" to "Story Companions." (I forgot the names of the groups)

The statement I remember said exactly that. Once you begin the chapter (e.g. chapter X for Kaliyo), the companion in question goes unavailable, and then reappears as a companion once you've followed the story. I'm not sure how that translates for Blizz, since he is recruited outside the chapters.

Ok, that's what I figured somewhat.

Since Kaliyo is essential to Chapter X, she needs to be there.

I'm just not sure if I should risk getting one or two of them back, or rather not... if we knew when and how we'd get them, that be a major help

When you use the terminal to summon back a companion, it clearly says that your story will not be affected. Your companion will become available for questing and doing heroics and stuff, and you'll even see the companion in your ship again, but the game tells you that this is not "canon." If you run into any issues then it should be considered a bug. I'll admit I didn't use the terminal for Kaliyo nor Blizz, specifically. But the game says your story does not change. If you run into any gameplay issues then that should be considered a bug. I've had no gameplay issues yet with the few companions I did recall back via the terminal, such as Tanno Vik on my trooper (because I still needed the 1000 kills with him, achievement).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.