Augments for PvE Madness specced sorc??

UnasSlayer

From what I've gathered from reading this forum, you want to use accuracy augments to assist with reaching the 110% accuracy point, and use enhancements for crit/aclarity to ~1300/700 respectively. If your gear allows for 110% accuracy without full accuracy augments, then you want to substitute in crit/alacrity augments (as needed) when/if you're past the accuracy point.

The balance sage guide is decent for madness sorcerer:

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/12/swtor-4-0-balance-sage-pve-guide-by-splizza/

and reflects similar information.

If you don't play a sage to compare, the active ability mirrors that you'll need so you can read the guide are: **

Weaken Mind = Affliction

Telekinetic Throw = Force Lightning

Mental Alacrity = Polarity Shift

Disturbance = Lightening Strike

Force Potency = Recklessness

Force in Balance = Death Field

Sever Force = Creeping Terror

Force Serenity = Force Leech

Vanquish = Demolish

Force Empowerment = Unlimited Power

Forcequake = Force Storm

** Borrowed from this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=832196

Edited by Lycaena

Returning player got a sorcerer to 65, was wondering which augments to use for running stuff like ops,fp's etc..

I personally don't like using much alacrity for my madness sorc. I wouldn't go over 300. And you should try stacking crit a little high, pushing for the 1700 realm.

I personally don't like using much alacrity for my madness sorc. I wouldn't go over 300. And you should try stacking crit a little high, pushing for the 1700 realm.

no offense, but dulfy is a widely recognized authority on swtor in general, and in the post referenced above, the author, Splizza, claims 400 actual parses to arrive at his conclusions. in addition, bants optimal stat post for 4.0 agrees with dulfy. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112 i would say to go with lycaena's advice.

no offense, but dulfy is a widely recognized authority on swtor in general, and in the post referenced above, the author, Splizza, claims 400 actual parses to arrive at his conclusions. in addition, bants optimal stat post for 4.0 agrees with dulfy. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112 i would say to go with lycaena's advice.

No offense, but dulfy is based on a few people's work. Its not law. Dulfy guides are all perfect world against dummies that dont move or hit back. I parse against tank's in full 208 augged gear to test both dps stats and tank stats.

So no, I wouldnt go with the "perfect world" dulfy guides. I will go with the tested against other people builds :)

No offense, but dulfy is based on a few people's work. Its not law. Dulfy guides are all perfect world against dummies that dont move or hit back. I parse against tank's in full 208 augged gear to test both dps stats and tank stats.

So no, I wouldnt go with the "perfect world" dulfy guides. I will go with the tested against other people builds :)

i never said that dulfy was law. i said that she is a widely recognized authority on swtor in general. you very casually denigrate her work, with no evidence to support you, but she has a very long record of being right. if you are going to say she is wrong, i for one, am going to need a lot more than some random guy on the forum says so. as for the rest of your post, the op specifically asked regarding "ops, fp, etc." even if you were correct (not), what does parsing against "tank's in full 208 augged gear" have to do with anything?

Edited by sumquy

i never said that dulfy was law. i said that she is a widely recognized authority on swtor in general. you very casually denigrate her work, with no evidence to support you, but she has a very long record of being right. if you are going to say she is wrong, i for one, am going to need a lot more than some random guy on the forum says so. as for the rest of your post, the op specifically asked regarding "ops, fp, etc." even if you were correct (not), what does parsing against "tank's in full 208 augged gear" have to do with anything?

Because tanks in full 208 ranked pvp gear have a large amount of damage resistance against other players. You can test builds based on how long it takes to kill them. I have spent days going over builds with almost every class, and I created the builds a lot of my guild uses. I am saying, that using less alacrity then the guide states is beneficial, because madness only has 2 channeled abilities, and one of them barley benefits from alacrity while the other can be used while moving if you have taken utility for it.

Because tanks in full 208 ranked pvp gear have a large amount of damage resistance against other players. You can test builds based on how long it takes to kill them. I have spent days going over builds with almost every class, and I created the builds a lot of my guild uses. I am saying, that using less alacrity then the guide states is beneficial, because madness only has 2 channeled abilities, and one of them barley benefits from alacrity while the other can be used while moving if you have taken utility for it.

and i am saying op didn't ask about pvp. increasing crit chance works against pvp tanks because a critical hit ignores shield, but that is not relevant in "fp, ops, etc."

Edited by sumquy