Learn how to Raid

_jakofett_

Since 4.0 story mode operations have become more accessible to players, from this I have seen a gap between story mode raiders and hard mode raiders. It can be difficult to transition from story to hard with no clear path of progression. For this reason, I have started a group within the guild TAW with the purpose of training and preparing players for Hard mode progression in operations. We are looking for people who want to learn and grow, no matter what your current skill level is. The best thing that you can bring is a commitment to learn and willingness to spend time on improvement.

My co-leader and I are both nightmare progression raiders and are experienced with nearly every class. We also have a number of members in guild that are in the top five of their class as well as the writers of Dulfy class guides so there is no shortage of resources. We will teach you how to manage your gear for the right stats, what to do in each fight and how to optimize your rotation/performance with 1 on 1 training every week. Our guild also has 6 weekly hard mode raid groups and I will maintain constant communication with the leaders of those groups to facilitate placement as players graduate from this group.

We are on republic side and run Mondays at 8:30-11 pm eastern time. If you are interested of have any questions please reply here or PM me.

Edit: I have had a couple people join the guild and have improved their performance greatly. One example is a Commando dps that has improved his dps in fight by about 1500 since he joined. He is close to being placed with a Hard mode group already. I hope I keep getting opportunities to help people progress and grow like this.

Edited by _jakofett_

That's an awesome idea, and the SL population is lucky bastards to have this on offer. :)

HM is really odd. The EV/KP is indistinguishable from the SM in difficulty. The SnV is okayish till the last boss. All the other ones for me was the 'first boss down and that's it'.

I'd really love to know how to break through the 'second boss is 2 HARD' syndrome :) There should almost be a Second Boss guide. :)

And stay tuned for Boss Guides! Some of our best raiders are working on video guides for every HM and NiM Boss.

Check out our first video

Any one interested in raiding, be sure to reach out to Jakofett. You'll be left in good hands!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm interested. Returning player here I just finished the original story last night on a new Bounty Hunter Arsenal, level 52 I believe. I don't have a guild yet & was a pretty good raider in EQ2 when I played a few years back.

I played SWTOR when it first launched for a few months but never really got into it. Just on a whim I decided to give it another try. Look for me in game if you got another DPS slot.

EDIT: ha ha, didn't read all the way to the bottom of the post. You guys are on the Republic side. Oh well. LOL

Edited by deeviuss

Since 4.0 story mode operations have become more accessible to players, from this I have seen a gap between story mode raiders and hard mode raiders. It can be difficult to transition from story to hard with no clear path of progression. For this reason, I have started a group within the guild TAW with the purpose of training and preparing players for Hard mode progression in operations. We are looking for people who want to learn and grow, no matter what your current skill level is. The best thing that you can bring is a commitment to learn and willingness to spend time on improvement.

My co-leader and I are both nightmare progression raiders and are experienced with nearly every class. We also have a number of members in guild that are in the top five of their class as well as the writers of Dulfy class guides so there is no shortage of resources. We will teach you how to manage your gear for the right stats, what to do in each fight and how to optimize your rotation/performance with 1 on 1 training every week. Our guild also has 6 weekly hard mode raid groups and I will maintain constant communication with the leaders of those groups to facilitate placement as players graduate from this group.

We are on republic side and run Mondays at 8:30-11 pm eastern time. If you are interested of have any questions please reply here or PM me.

FML.... I'm Empire side ><"

Thank you all for your interest and kind comments. We currently have 1 remaining spot open. Since me and my co-leader of the group are flexible with roles the remaining slot can be DPS, Healer or Tank. At the moment there is more need for healers in the HM groups in case that sways anyone's decision.

Thank you all for your interest and kind comments. We currently have 1 remaining spot open. Since me and my co-leader of the group are flexible with roles the remaining slot can be DPS, Healer or Tank. At the moment there is more need for healers in the HM groups in case that sways anyone's decision.

Awesome Idea overall! I am actually a returning player. I started on Day 1 and was Raid Leader and eventually guild leader as well for Morningstar. Ive been out for about two years so I'm fairly new to the newer raids. My Main is a sage healer that I've always easily been a top tier quality. Ive also had every role in progression teams at one point or another in the past, so whatever role you'd like to have, id be willing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have now created a 2nd group for this same purpose and it will be on Imperial side. We are going to be running 7-9:30 pm eastern time on Saturdays. I have filled most of the group from in Guild to start but currently have room for either 1 tank and 1 dps or 2 tanks.

One other update, the people who have graduated from this group are currently all on weekly HM teams and doing great.

This is a refreshing sight to see. I just wanted to commend you guys for actually reaching out and helping the SL community out with this idea. So thank you guys for choosing The SL as your new home and willing giving people a chance to learn a part of the game that they might have not gotten before.:cool: