The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Covert Energy Helmet (Hides Hood)

Arthosis

Simple as that.. add a covert energy helmet purchaseable directly in the CM for about 500 CC like the rest is sold, so people can hide their hoods, without having to wear ugly helmets or the 2-3 circlets able in the game with a bugg.

That was an issue loooong ago and would've been solved with such an item so damn easy.

Sadly Im pretty sure tbey will never do this for one reason, and one reason only. Greed. They sell Hide Head Slot on the CM, which would be negated by a covert headpiece.

It doesnt matter that it would make people happy to be able to get rid of hoods, because it would affect the sales of one of their CM items that f2p/preferred actually want/purchase.

Sadly Im pretty sure tbey will never do this for one reason, and one reason only. Greed. They sell Hide Head Slot on the CM, which would be negated by a covert headpiece.

It doesnt matter that it would make people happy to be able to get rid of hoods, because it would affect the sales of one of their CM items that f2p/preferred actually want/purchase.

I would imagine that this represents a pretty small revenue source for BW ... plus there would still be a reason for hide helmet functionality. Personally, I use is it because sometime I want my characters to have his/her headwear on & other I don't.

However, to the OP, if the do add a covert version; I hope they create a couple versions of the item and one the versions add of hood that is in the "down" position. I don't like the current in-game options b/c the armor sets usually don't look right when the hood simply disappears.

But if its direct sale on the GTN for 500cc + 400cc unlock as the OP suggested, they will make more money from the punters than the Hide Head Slot consumable which is 280cc, or 775cc for account wide.

A covert energy headpiece has been suggested before. I'd like to see one introduced, also.

Don't get your hopes up for it being a direct sale item, though, even if BW does decide to introduce it.

That item would likely be placed in a pack, just as the other covert energy pieces were.

A covert energy headpiece has been suggested before. I'd like to see one introduced, also.

Don't get your hopes up for it being a direct sale item, though, even if BW does decide to introduce it.

That item would likely be placed in a pack, just as the other covert energy pieces were.

And since so many people would want it, it will have the droprate of the Unstable Arbiter Saber /Cartel Certificate from the Contraband Slot Machine.

Better save up lots of CC :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

This suggestion has been made several times before, and I whole-heartedly (and rather desperately) endorse it. Frankly, I think this is low-hanging fruit and I am utterly baffled as to why it hasn't been instituted yet.

I also don't see why it should have to hurt CM sales of the Hide Helmet option for the F2P folks. There are easy ways around that.

1. You could make the Covert Energy Helmet (that hides hoods) a direct CM item only and make it the same CC cost or more expensive than the Hide Helmet option; that way F2P can buy either but will still be buying, and then get the added profit of Subscribers also buying the Covert Energy head piece.

2. Make the Covert Energy Helmet a direct CM item that is Bind On Pickup, so that it can't be resold on the GTN. Problem solved.

People have been asking for an option to toggle hoods since Day One of this game. Every single time I talk to guildies or fellow players about this, without fail everyone wants it, and without fail everyone is mystified as to why it hasn't been released yet.

Hopefully someone from the SWTOR team still actually reads these forums and will go for the easy win!

This suggestion has been made several times before, and I whole-heartedly (and rather desperately) endorse it. Frankly, I think this is low-hanging fruit and I am utterly baffled as to why it hasn't been instituted yet.

I also don't see why it should have to hurt CM sales of the Hide Helmet option for the F2P folks. There are easy ways around that.

1. You could make the Covert Energy Helmet (that hides hoods) a direct CM item only and make it the same CC cost or more expensive than the Hide Helmet option; that way F2P can buy either but will still be buying, and then get the added profit of Subscribers also buying the Covert Energy head piece.

2. Make the Covert Energy Helmet a direct CM item that is Bind On Pickup, so that it can't be resold on the GTN. Problem solved.

People have been asking for an option to toggle hoods since Day One of this game. Every single time I talk to guildies or fellow players about this, without fail everyone wants it, and without fail everyone is mystified as to why it hasn't been released yet.

Hopefully someone from the SWTOR team still actually reads these forums and will go for the easy win!

IF BW decides to add a covert energy hood, I would not count on it being a direct CM sale item. It will likely be placed in a pack.

Placing it in a pack will bring in MUCH more revenue than making it a direct sale item.

• 2 months later...
With the new Vaylin set coming in a couple of days the demand for hood toggle (or hair under ones hood) will surge again. But hey, a lot of people will settle for a Covert Energy Helmet, so once again, this would be a very useful item.