The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech Build

Seizuresalads

I've noticed this build is super fun for questing so far. I'm level 30 now. Shields, threat, and fire everywhere? Hell yeah! However it takes any fun out of the game when companions heal you and you have shields + a massive health pool. This class seems somewhat balanced damage wise but shields and health wise make it so imbalanced it's not even funny. I guess that's fine because you're a tank? But it would at least be more fun if companions didn't spam heal on you. That just makes you immortal. =/

I've noticed this build is super fun for questing so far. I'm level 30 now. Shields, threat, and fire everywhere? Hell yeah! However it takes any fun out of the game when companions heal you and you have shields + a massive health pool. This class seems somewhat balanced damage wise but shields and health wise make it so imbalanced it's not even funny. I guess that's fine because you're a tank? But it would at least be more fun if companions didn't spam heal on you. That just makes you immortal. =/

The companions, when set to heal, are definately overkill - they make everything really easy.

If you right click the companion, you can change them to be set to DPS. Doing so means they stop healing you, and instead everything dies really quickly.

Of course, there's also the option of dismissing your companion, so you don't have to deal with the significantly-stronger-than-initially-designed companions, which results in you getting to play the game at the difficulty it was designed for.