Reverse Engineering "Advanced Black-assorted color Crystals"

Rasinator

Anyone know why the Advanced Purple Evicerating Crystal also includes advanced balck-blue, advanced black red, etc to include hawkeye, indestructible except the war hero's. I picked up on the GTN says "No Research Available" when I hover over it in RE mode? I dropped it into a light-saber, equipped it, unequipped it, ripped the crystal out....

Likewise, a Black-Purple says the same thing. :\

Prior to 4.1 Artificers where able to do this and learn the schematics. Things have went ary and Artificers are not able to learn this anymore. In the patch notes for 4.0 and 4.1 This was NOT mentioned if it has ceased to exist or been changed and no DEV has commented in regards to this change. I would like this to be re-instated as intended. If its not to be going forward DEV please comment in-regards to this issue. If its to remain that we CANNOT RE these color crystals advanced then this is a dis-advantage for new Artificers from crew skill 550 and beyond. I believe disadvantages with populations knowing the schematic and others not is very unfair and annoying. Please allow us to reverse engineer these so we as a community can enjoy variety in our colored crystal schematics!

Cartel Market items cannot be RE'd, because there is no craftable schematic associated with them.

(The crafted items generally can be RE'd, if you have the correct crafting skill and your crafting skill is high enough, although the endgame top rated crystals, barrels, etc. with rating 224 cannot afaik be RE'd)

For the CM items, after equipping the crystal/other CM gear you would need to go into your Collections and retrieve additional copies from there if you want more than the one you already bought. If you want the item on other characters, then in Collections locate the item you have just equipped, and pay cartel coins (the amount varies, but most things I have unlocked were about 400 CCs) to unlock it for all characters on your account.

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

• 1 month later...
I am currently having the same issue with my artifice. I tried them with ones with absolutely NO name associated with them. Not the ones with names worn off. This is ridiculous that there are people who can make them but we cannot currently reverse engineer them because it is "BROKEN" but it was never said removed from game the ability to reverse engineer the crystals that drop from raids. They need to fix this. As it does not matter if you equip or don't. They were prior to 4.0 able to be reversed engineered.

• 1 month later...
Rezzing this thread, because it needs to be addressed. Black core crystals (no, these are not CM crystals, no there are no names worn off and that also never mattered before anyway) cannot be RE'd any longer. Equipping and unequipping does nothing for the REing. Still no research available. And this is the same crystal my Sorc learned the schematic off of. Was trying to get my Sent to learn it, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I too had this problem. I submitted a ticket 6 days ago. This was BW's official response via e-mail:

My name is Darren from Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service.

I have responded to your query in-game and for your convenience I have included a summary of the response below in case you are unable to access the in-game mail at the moment.

N0-B0 has informed me that you are having issues Reverse Engineering your Advanced Purple Eviscerating Crystal to receive Schematics.

After reviewing this case I have looked into what exactly is provided when you reverse engineer an item created by another player. With this information I have been able to determine that you can only learn the Schematic from the original drop and not from items crafted by other. This doesn’t mean you can’t reverse engineer them to earn a small bit of materials back but you don’t get the schematic.

This has always been the case with Reverse Engineering and there has been no change to this system, if you could simply purchase these items and get the schematic the desire of the items would go down because you could craft them yourselves and there would be no economy on the GTN.

Um, calling BS on that one. I know for a fact you used to be able to reverse-engineer player crafted crystals; it's how I got the black-red, cyan, and purple endurance crystal schematics. They probably did this so people would spend more money on cartel coins and cartel market crystals instead.

• 1 month later...
If you bought it from the GTN, it's very likely it was a crafted crystal - crafted gear can't be RE'd.

That is completely not correct. This is how it has been done to learn the crystal schematics since I started RE'ing 3 years ago and stopped working after 4.1.