The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Some balance help required >.<

Hichitsuki-hime

can someone help me figure out what's wrong with my DPS? 0.o cause the very best i've currently managed is 5882.91 (http://parsely.io/parser/view/... and even that has only happened once so far. I know i'm doing something wrong (not counting the ~440ms server lag lol), i'm just not sure how to fix it x.x

well, at least i'm almost sure i'm geared right lol, currently my stats are:

mastery: 5404

power: 2875

accuracy: 701

alacrity: 737

critical: 1424

Heyho,

since something apparently went wrong with the link to your parse (it's missing the actual parsely-number and thus just links to the parsely-mainpage) I've taken the liberty to search for your characternames there and found the following log as most recent: http://parsely.io/parser/view/140379/5

In light of that (and since I highly doubt that your problem has changed between the parses) I'll just make a comparison with the 174.055 you got there as your last. I'm sorry in advance for comparing to a Sorcerer-parse of mine instead of a Sage, but I've not actually leveled my Sage to 65 yet :o

For ease of visibility I'll be using the parsely-comparison-feature found here: http://parsely.io/parser/compare/136862/1/140379/5/0

A quick note beforehand: nowadays the "standard" for parsing would be the 1.5 million HP dummy instead of the 1 million one, with armordebuff applied (pretty sure you had that at least :D ) - well, let's get to it:

If you take a look at the "overview"-tab, you will instantly notice the strong difference in APM between the 2 parses. While I do play with a bit more Alacrity than you do, such a huge difference can not be explained purely by 150 points there.

If we take a look at the "ability by ability comparison"-tab and simply scroll down to the very end, you'll find that even though both our parses were cut to the same timeframe, mine somehow has 20 (!) extra ability-rows (equaling more than 20 GCDs due to the fact that some of these are uncut Force Lightnings / "TK throws").

(Again, a small number is a direct result from the higher alacrity, but most certainly not to that extent.)

I think you can understand that effectively "losing that much time" will not exactly be helpful in regards to actual numbers ;)

I personally don't have any real experience with high-latency-situations as the one you described to have (my own is generally somewhere around ~70ms) and thus can't really say just how much it can really influence things, but looking at it, it might just have more of an influence than you expect yourself :eek:

I'm not actually gonna look at your specific rotation, since with such a timeloss you can probably really only directly work off of a priority-list.

Now this post got longer than originally intended, but case-in-point, APM is the clear issue from what I can see.

Hope it helps at least a bit :)