The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Glasses Please

Fleurdelis

Wouldn't make much sense considering medical technology in star wars...

You think people living in the outskirts of Buttfart, Tatooine have easier access to lasik than shaped glass?

Also, we could definitely use some sunglasses.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Wookiepedia describes them as goggles, not glasses. (More or less my opinion, too.)

Goggles vs Glasses

• While people use the terms glasses and goggles interchangeably, there are differences in design and purpose of both types of eyewear.

• Glasses or eye glasses are mostly worn to help people with a poor vision to see their world in a better manner or to make them read better.

• Glasses have corrective lenses, whereas goggles have normal glasses.

• Goggles are worn to protect eyes from injury from debris, water, sun’s glare, snow, or other particles.

• Goggles come in a variety of shapes and sizes to help in eye protection.

• Goggles are also sometimes referred to as safety glasses as they work to save eyes from accident while working with hazardous chemicals or while working with power tools.

• Goggles are more for safety, whereas glasses are more for improving vision.

Hers are to improve her vision. No matter what the shape they are glasses.

That may be so, but the design is likely not at all what the OP is talking about when he mentions glasses.

LOL, I am the OP. But your right, I would like to see glasses like we have in our society. Was just pointing out though Maz has rounded glasses that are like goggles, because they are to better her eyesight they are actually glasses.

Again, I'm questioning how accessible eye surgery is on dumps like Hutta for the people sweeping Nemro's floors when a pair of glasses could be replicated more cheaply.

Also, considering one of the planets is a desert, and two are frozen wastelands, you'd think sunglasses would be a no-brainer.

Found this info @ http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/33895/does-anyone-actually-wear-eyeglasses-in-star-wars

In addition to an abundance of Legends examples, spectacles have made the jump to new Disney canon:

•Nuvo Vindi, the mad Faust scientist from "Blue Shadow Virus" and "Mystery of a Thousand Moons", episodes of The Clone Wars

Although he doesn't wear them all the time (he appears to only use them when looking at something close-up), he does occasionally pull out a pair of pince-nez glasses.

•Gorga the Hutt, a member of the Hutt Council, wore a monocle

•Though unclear whether or not they were corrective (rather than for safety or magnification), the Parwan Doctor Gubacher wore some manner of lenses in "Secret Weapons", an episode of The Clone Wars and his only appearance:

LOL, I am the OP. But your right, I would like to see glasses like we have in our society. Was just pointing out though Maz has rounded glasses that are like goggles, because they are to better her eyesight they are actually glasses.

Depends I suppose on whether by "better her eyesight" you mean "correct faults" e.g. myopia, astigmatism; or you mean "enhance otherwise good vision" e.g. adjustable magnification and stuff like that. The former would be goggle-shaped glasses, while the latter would be just goggles.

Depends I suppose on whether by "better her eyesight" you mean "correct faults" e.g. myopia, astigmatism; or you mean "enhance otherwise good vision" e.g. adjustable magnification and stuff like that. The former would be goggle-shaped glasses, while the latter would be just goggles.

I've worn glasses my whole life. Those things on Maz' face are to help her see better, hence glasses.

I would really want this too OP. Let's also not forget that SWtOR is set a few thousand years before the movies so not everything they have in SWtOR will be as advanced. I mean just look at the cybernetic hands for the player vs the realistic one covered in fake skin that Luke got in ESB. I could definitely see glasses as still being a thing in SWtOR, especially as someone else mentioned on poor or out-of-the way worlds.