Framerate problem

FlavivsAetivs

So since 3.2.2, when they did the last graphhics overhaul, I started having a problem where sound effects would make a grinding noise (like a CD music file skipping) and cause massive FPS drops. Particularly certain healing and AOE abilities were causing it. Speeders on fleet too.

Since then, different patches have been better or worse, but now with 4.1 it's horrible. And on top of that, ever since I updated to Windows 10 now (because it's mandatory), my game constantly goes to "not responding" and refreshes (doesn't exit the game or log me out or anything but in-game screen will sometimes go black and then go back to normal), or it will freeze up for a sec when opening a UI element, or even randomly while moving, etc.

Repairs and 5 clean reinstalls have not helped at all. And I cannot roll back my audio or graphics drivers, nor are there any updates for them (I've checked). None of this happens on my Windows Surface Pro 3 Tablet either.

System is a Dell Vostro 3550M Laptop with an i5-2410M 2nd Generation processor, 4 GIG DDR3 RAM, and a Radeon 6630M 1 GIG GFX card (switchable GFX with an Intel 3000 or something or other integrated unit), with a 7200RPM 500 GIG Hard Drive.

I know Firewire card ports are notorious for causing issues with Windows PC's, but I don't think that would do anything to TOR.

Any help?

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs