If you still haven't received email with cartel coins code, please post here.

Mutiny

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing this out there for people with gmail:

I assumed the email would come into the regular inbox, like the monthly coin emails they send us which are not filtered by gmail. But, nothing ever came (i thought). Also, when I checked our gmail trash/spam folders I did not see anything from BioWare in either location. It was all just garbage going back for months.

But, when I typed "swtor" into the search bar within the gmail inbox and hit search - the newsletter email came up in the results at the very top, with the link for the coin grant. Along with other newsletters and emails they've sent me which I never saw. It listed "inbox" as the location, but when I checked the inbox I never saw it so I have no idea where it actually put it or why it would apparently hide that but show the "your complimentary coins have been granted" emails. Maybe it has something to do with the link in some of their emails, but I have no idea.

OMG I'm stupid I search it and I found the Feb cartel coins why did I have to search, why could just be in my inbox. I'm no longer using gmail now. But thank you

*shrug* Not like they're going to do anything else to fix the problem.

My ethics do point out that they at least did try a second mailing.

Technically true...

"Push the button."

*nothing happens*

"Push it again."

*nothing happens*

"Well we tried...."

Nope no email here, never got any email except the normal emails I get saying "Here's a tiny bit of coins for you!"

May want to review the last few pages. They gave up and said it was our fault for not getting them.

Edited by dr_mike

Guys why I still can not get the promised you, my cartel coins I sent you more than 10 letters, emphasized in them that I was dumb, I can not talk, and because of that I can not communicate with you by voice! but you zealously send the answer to me with a request to call you on Skype or on the phone !!! again I repeat can not talk because I DUMB !!! I wrote in a Google customer support and they said that there were no blocked emails to my mail they had !! Looking forward to your response!!

Hey folks,

The sending of these promotional emails did conclude on 2/25. We do apologize for any confusion that was caused by this.

-eric

So Basically everything is resolved!

Who would have thought a simple Sorry will solve all this worlds problems?

So we wont get that email ,and also any customer complains ,about not receiving monthly subscriber CC ,not your responsibility!

Im really am satisfied with the customer support here.

Basically everyone got it wrong.. the customer is not always right..hes always wrong! I mean the shear genius of the customer support here is staggering.. kudos to ya kudos!

saracasem mode off

:t_rolleyes:

So Basically everything is resolved!

Who would have thought a simple Sorry will solve all this worlds problems?

So we wont get that email ,and also any customer complains ,about not receiving monthly subscriber CC ,not your responsibility!

Im really am satisfied with the customer support here.

Basically everyone got it wrong.. the customer is not always right..hes always wrong! I mean the shear genius of the customer support here is staggering.. kudos to ya kudos!

saracasem mode off

:t_rolleyes:

IF they had said, looked we messed up, something went awry, we realize a bunch of folks didn't get these codes but because of the huge amount of messing around our end to fix it we just can't do it, but we'll get it right next time, we apologize. I would have been okay with that.

But instead we get

1. "I'll look into it"

2. Weeks pass....giveaway concludes

3. "the emails were sent, its either in your spam or your ISP's rejected the emails so its your fault not ours, and its now concluded anyway tough sh**".

4. Endless silence and hoping this will go away.

Absolutely appalling, and everyone one of us here not a free player but a PAYING customer. Is this REALLY how they want to treat the people paying part of your wages and keeping this game alive?

the whole disninterest, refusal to take responsibility and fix the issue and then adding insult to injury by suggesting its OUR fault infuriates me how stupid and naive do you think we are Bioware/EA?. shockingly bad customer support.

And what is our community rep doing through all this is he fighting our corner, taking our concerns to the powers that be, that is you know his ACTUAL job? nope, he's ignoring us, not responding to us ANYWHERE in fact but here dealing with the people he is SUPPOSED to represent.

Shame on Bioware/EA

Shame on Eric Musco

Technically true...

"Push the button."

*nothing happens*

"Push it again."

*nothing happens*

"Well we tried...."

They could have issued the cartel coins direct to peoples balances like they do the monthly stipends.

they know who is subscribed and who isn't and they know who has redeemed a code and who hasn't.

It isn't rocket science.

All they would have had to do then is invalidate all sent, unredeemed codes in order to ensure people don't double claim after the fact.

For the record folks anyone "just" bumping this thread and not actually stating something is getting "friendly" warnings from CS. Because apparently adding insult to injury when they do something wrong is the done thing now and bumping is against forum rules. Screwing your customers over is okay but not bumping..

However I would urge people to ensure they keep posting their protest on this issue in the hopes they ACTUALLY stop being out of order and DO something in order to fix it, just ensure it is more than a bump alone. Otherwise you'll get the wagging finger with very skewed sense of priorities email.

Edited by NeoWolf

Well in order to BUMP this thread again, I will have to repeat the same thing over and over again. We wouldn't have to BUMP this thread if the devs would actually come through with what they promised. BUMPing this thread is only being done by customers who want to be heard, and not feel they are being ignored.

I guess we will have to keep on BUMPing this thread since they continue to ignore paying customers. I guess we are all just speedBUMPs on their way to happiness and big profits. It kinda makes me wanna BUMP my head into the wall. :mad:

They could have issued the cartel coins direct to peoples balances like they do the monthly stipends.

they know who is subscribed and who isn't and they know who has redeemed a code and who hasn't.

It isn't rocket science.

All they would have had to do then is invalidate all sent, unredeemed codes in order to ensure people don't double claim after the fact.

you are right is seems like the only way to fix this is just to send it again.

Edited by commanderwar

the devs

Devs have nothing to do with it. It's a management issue. Sorry but as someone who does programming, that's a button for me.

because of that I can not communicate with you by voice!

I went through that a couple of years ago when I was trying to resolve a previous issue with emails. They make no exceptions for those of us who have physical issues and "everyone can operate a phone". Escalation as well as the bigotry report were ignored. No one from the Community Issues team followed up either. Written complaint asking for Eric's termination as well as the employee behind "everyone can use a phone" response was also ignored.

Having said that, calling would have been a waste of time any way because all they were doing was telling folks to open tickets.

the only way to fix this is just to send it again.

They did. Been linked to and discussed many times. Please review the dev tracker or go way back with my post history and you'll see it.

Edited by dr_mike

Devs have nothing to do with it. It's a management issue. Sorry but as someone who does programming, that's a button for me.

Then I apologize to the devs. I was using it as a broad term, but should've been more acurate in my wording.

As far as the "management", well I will just keep it clean and say I am very unhappy with the way this situation has played out so far. :mad:

Still haven't received the email. Opened 2 in-game tickets which were closed immediately and only told me to call to support.

I called support a couple of minutes ago. As expected they can't do anything as well. They said it's a developer issue and they can't do anything. They only recommend to post in this thread again and hope that the developers will fix the issue. :mad:

To summarize: I am subscribed to the email list (even before SWTOR launched). Also I was subscribed during the required period (I am subscribed almost non-stop since launch). Checked all email folders (including spam) and haven't received the email. As I own my own email server I am certain (and can check) that NO SWTOR mails are blocked.

Fix it already or offer a solution! I am getting really fed up with it.

Having said that, calling would have been a waste of time any way because all they were doing was telling folks to open tickets.

I can tell you now that avenue was a dead end too, because all you got for ticketing the issue was a cut and paste email telling you to phone support. thus completing the time wasting circle of chasing our own tails exactly as they intended.

I can tell you now that avenue was a dead end too, because all you got for ticketing the issue was a cut and paste email telling you to phone support. thus completing the time wasting circle of chasing our own tails exactly as they intended.

That's why I mentioned it. Go back and read the post I was responding it. But thank you though for the follow up.

Fix it already or offer a solution! I am getting really fed up with it.

They did. It's our fault that we didn't get them and they gave up trying to get them to us. Look back a few pages in this thread or skim back a page or 2 on the dev tracker.

Then I apologize to the devs. I was using it as a broad term, but should've been more acurate in my wording.

As far as the "management", well I will just keep it clean and say I am very unhappy with the way this situation has played out so far. :mad:

No problems. Seems like many posters here and elsewhere assume that every employee does every job. While that's true with some softwares, more *cough* professional setups have things broken into divisions. I'm sure the devs here are very overworked and have long lists of things that they need to fix.

Edited by dr_mike