If you still haven't received email with cartel coins code, please post here.

Mutiny

I know I posted i think today oh well another one.

5:47 as of typing

Nothing...lol i dont care but i find it odd SO many are saying sup DUDES at EA and BW...ignoring this is 100% unprofessional...but it just confirms what I have always thought of EA since The "GAMESTORM" holocaust

LEN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By comparison to you re-sending the e-mail on mass via your 'normal' e-mail services (like the receipt for payment e-mails which I believe we all get), it just screams of passing the buck.

I'd have to dig for the info but the second mailing came from an IP address that EA regularly sends email from.

The first one came from an Amazon EC2 IP address that's been used for spam runs previously.

Edited by dr_mike

I'd have to dig for the info but the second mailing came from an IP address that EA regularly sends email from.

The first one came from an Amazon EC2 IP address that's been used for spam runs previously.

So how does one check to see whether such an e-mail was even sent to an online based one, such as Hotmail? That's currently what I'm using, and I've yet to receive these e-mails, aside from the monthly grant ones (which, as was previously clarified, was not sent from the same e-mail as these 1050 CC codes were).

I've been checking my mail diligently since Feb 18th, but have yet to receive any. So in all of this, am I simply just going to have to shrug my shoulders and say "Oh well, better luck next time?" Something doesn't quite seem right in Musco's last post, there's something missing in the way of what happens to the rest of us that were well within qualifying range, and are unable to check to see whether the e-mail came through or not.

Let's recap what we've learned.

This reward was mentioned in passing during a live stream, or in the dev tracker, I don't even remember. Low key, is the point. This when the front page of the site SCREAMS about the latest HK themed doodad "reward" . Someone posted it to the forums. So basically, only the forums knew about this. What if you don't read the forums? How would you know about this?

Then, they told us that you ONLY had to opt in to SWTOR promotional emails. No mention of the other two check boxes.

Mysteriously, unknowingly, many of us stopped receiving promtional emails sometime in January, or December. Bears looking further into why that is.

So they send out the reward, as a code, AT THE VERY BOTTOM of a promotional email, well hidden and terribly easy to miss, when they could have very easily credit each account as they do every month. Let's analyze this for a moment. If you're a subscriber, regular, semi regular, casual, hardcore, forum lurker, whatever.... you damn well knew Chapter 10 was coming in February. Why would you bother reading an email that tells you that? Why would you even open it... and here's the juicy bit..... 4 DAYS AFTER THE CHAPTER LAUNCHED?????? They don't put trailers for the movie you just watched AT THE END OF THE GD MOVIE!

In summation, they barely whispered about this reward, made it deliberately difficult to obtain by burying it somewhere that you're highly unlikely to look, and sent it via an unusual email address that appears to be blocked by some service providers. Why? Let's assume 100,000 subscribers (insert the correct number if you know what it is, I don't). 1050 coins is worth $9.99 according to the store. Let's call it $10 for the sake of simple math. 100,000 x $10 =

in money they aren't potentially earning.

Thanks for the reply. I guess without the message headers (updated my post on the previous page) it will not be possible to assist further aid from Google regarding whether any e-mail was sent through their servers and/or was received at my end.

Back to Bioware / EA ...

So how does one check to see whether such an e-mail was even sent to an online based one, such as Hotmail?.

We have no way of doing so. That's why I asked about the logs a few posts up.

We're never going to see them though.

I have 6 days left. edit: 5

So basically, only the forums knew about this. What if you don't read the forums? How would you know about this?

The major sites covered it, I could have sworn it was in the patch notes and the launcher as well but I'm trying to go home now. It was heavily discussed in general chat as well.

Edited by dr_mike

Go back a few pages or review the dev tracker and see what Eric says that they gave up and that it's all our fault we didn't get them.
Yep here is what they posts:

Hey folks,

I apologize for the delay in responding to this thread as I wanted to ensure we had fully investigated the emails that we had sent. Here is what we have done up to this point. On 2/15 we sent an email which contained a code for both Cartel Coins, and a Chapter 1 trial. After sending this email we received reports of some folks had not received their email. To correct this, we did two things on 2/25. First, we resent the original email to all users who had received the email, but had never opened it. Two, we increased the grace period for the original cut-off by 10 days to ensure that we created a large buffer for those who qualified.

After investigating, we have confirmed that the email was sent to all users who qualified in and around that timeline (including the 10-day buffer). I realize, based on the volume of posts in this thread, that some of you still have not received that email. If this is the case then either the email was missed/deleted (I suspect all of you checked for this already) or our email was rejected by your email provider. I have seen some folks in this thread mention that they have been receiving the monthly Cartel Coin grant emails. Please know that those emails are sent from a different source than our newsletters. If you marked the newsletter as spam, etc. with your provider it is one of the possible reasons that you did not receive the email.

The sending of these promotional emails did conclude on 2/25. We do apologize for any confusion that was caused by this. In the future we will be more clear in communicating where, and when, this email will be sent.

-eric

Yeah so basically we who "DID NOT" get it are S.O.L.:rolleyes::mad: I should have guess this was going to happen,,, Its been proven that they didn't send them out to everyone eligible and yet they still blame it on us :eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:,,, Wow just Wow,,

I looked though everyone on my block list in my e-mails and looked though every blocked e-mail that was sent to my e-mail from 2-14-2016 and "NOT" one freaking e-mail from these idiots:rolleyes: Yeah this defiantly shows where this game is going..

And you blame this crap on us:mad:

Wow just Wow........

Edited by Legolose

EDIT: By the way are you saying I should just change email providers from comcast to another one? Because obviously those that use hotmail, gmail, outlook, yahoo, msn, aol, and whatever else all got the email with the code? :confused: Right? :rolleyes:

I can issuer you that Hotmail users like myself have not received anything,,, I believe the only ones that received them where gmail users...

I can issuer you that Hotmail users like myself have not received anything,,, I believe the only ones that received them where gmail users...

Nope, a couple folks reported the problem on GMail. All that discussion on tabs and whatnot...

Sorry, that was my poor attempt at sarcasm. I'm sure it's an issue with all different email providers. Which would lead you to believe it's on swtor's end not ours.

Buuuuuut...... They stated in the round about, double talking way that they do around here THAT IT'S ALL OUR FAULT.

Good story there devs, good story...... :rolleyes:

EA/Biofail and customer service go together like oil and water. :mad:

To those of you that actually were the chosen ones that were ALLOWED to get this email with the codes, I say enjoy it while it lasts. Next time you will probably get screwed over like the rest of us PAYING SUBSCRIBERS.

Just imagine if we were 1 day late on our sub payment. :mad:

Edited by skinsrich

And still Bioware say nothing more on the subject.. very disappointing.

I even DM'ed Eric our community representative and not surprisingly he hasn't responded. That would be the guy who is SUPPOSED to look out for us and relay our concerns like this to the powers that be. Heartwarming isn't it, clearly he takes the role seriously.

disappointed.

This is the 3rd time I have posted to this about the Cartel Coins and not receiving them. Just how many times do I have to do this in order to get my code? I have checked junk mail and spam mail and there is nothing there from you guys. I've called and was told to do this again so I have posted this for the 3rd time. Come on people get your act together.

This is the 3rd time I have posted to this about the Cartel Coins and not receiving them. Just how many times do I have to do this in order to get my code? I have checked junk mail and spam mail and there is nothing there from you guys. I've called and was told to do this again so I have posted this for the 3rd time. Come on people get your act together.

read back a few pages ago.. ****** MUsco posted that apparently everyone who was eligible got them, even though i have been subbed for 4 years and i never got my email.. and that they are done trying to rectify the problem.. so basically all of us loyal costumers for years who didn't receive them, just got **** on and its all OUR faults we didn't receive the emails.. terrible customer service.. and they wonder why long time loyal fans no longer sub, because they treat us worse than dirt