Does the stronghold limit increase mean more or no future Strongholds?

StarChanneller

I don't know whether or not I should invest in repurchasing Coruscant.

Yeah, those 5000 credits are quite an expense, it's wise to carefully consider whether you should make such an investment :p

I was already planning to ditch my Kaas one as soon as something new came out that I could replace it with. But if no new Strongholds will come out, I may as well get to decorating Strongholds on the Capital Worlds.

Even if new strongholds come out I won't ditch my current ones for them, If BW wants me to buy a new one, they need to allow me to have all of them. Trading Coruscant for Yavin was an exception because I never really had a concept for that SH. All other Strongholds belong to one of my "mains".

I'm still going to keep one stronghold undecorated, in the hopes that a new one will come out. But part of that is because I still don't like the Nar Shaddaa stronghold any more than I did when I decided not to unlock any rooms beyond the ones we got for free. So it's an easy decision for me.

Yeah, those 5000 credits are quite an expense, it's wise to carefully consider whether you should make such an investment :p

I would also have to repurchase the other rooms though right? Or.... is that not the case? If I just need to spend 5k to get Coruscant back then that's not too bad, but if I have to repurchase everything.... I might wanna wait.

I've been thinking about this and it maybe possible that there would be no more future Strongholds. If you go to fleet where the Stronghold directories are, there is only space for four Stronghold directories, Coruscant (or Dromund Kass if Imperial), Nar Shadaa, Tatooine and Yavin. So if they were to add another one, where would it go? Edited by queetz

Please don't make the ability to have 5 strongholds part of the conquest % (25% each) we now incur. I have enough problems filling my 4 SHs and making them each unique due to the limited decos in this game. This housing/deco set up and lack of the ability to manipulate the environment is so poor compared to other games, (e.g., Wildstar).

I think it means a possibility for more to come. As again Eric has many times hinted about another stronghold location in some of the livestreams even asking if Aldraan should be next because of how cool it looks.

For fleet stronghold terminals limitation, remember this is an MMO meaning they can move things around. They have moved Companion skill trainers around and even compact them closer and etc. It can be the same for stronghold terminals as well as don't forget the planet the stronghold is based on will have it as well. Tatoonie has a terminal at the starport, Yavin 4 is at the landing zone, Nar is in the middle floating platform next to the gold hutt statue and etc.

The likely reason for the stronghold limit increase both in regards to how many you can have and the item stacking limit is because people have been asking for this. A lot wanted more stronghold slots since strongholds were first announced and item stack was requested because people thought the 50 limit on common was strange when you have 4 (now 5) places to decorate. Again I don't think they will stop the stronghold but it will be awhile until we get another since they do seem to put a lot of effort into the look and feel of them, I'm still enjoying Yavin 4's look.

I think it means a possibility for more to come. As again Eric has many times hinted about another stronghold location in some of the livestreams even asking if Aldraan should be next because of how cool it looks.

For fleet stronghold terminals limitation, remember this is an MMO meaning they can move things around. They have moved Companion skill trainers around and even compact them closer and etc. It can be the same for stronghold terminals as well as don't forget the planet the stronghold is based on will have it as well. Tatoonie has a terminal at the starport, Yavin 4 is at the landing zone, Nar is in the middle floating platform next to the gold hutt statue and etc.

The likely reason for the stronghold limit increase both in regards to how many you can have and the item stacking limit is because people have been asking for this. A lot wanted more stronghold slots since strongholds were first announced and item stack was requested because people thought the 50 limit on common was strange when you have 4 (now 5) places to decorate. Again I don't think they will stop the stronghold but it will be awhile until we get another since they do seem to put a lot of effort into the look and feel of them, I'm still enjoying Yavin 4's look.

They do indeed put effort into some parts of the game, but(and this is most likely EA's fault) some parts of the game are really lacking. *Cough cough* Making the economy in regards to decorations so terrible *Cough cough*

Edited by StarChanneller

I hope we will see new stongholds.

Class specific sh can be a nice idea.

Oricon is a perfect place for a nice stronghold for my Sith characters. Its a shame my main character have nothing to do here anymore, I have to come back here just to see the place again.

I would also have to repurchase the other rooms though right? Or.... is that not the case? If I just need to spend 5k to get Coruscant back then that's not too bad, but if I have to repurchase everything.... I might wanna wait.

Every room inside the SH stays unlocked. It is just the initial 5k purchase of the SH you'll have to pay again if you didn't buy it with CC.

At one time they were looking at Alderaan or Manaan for the next big SH release. No idea where that went or if it's still in consideration but I'm hopeful.

doesn't sound good to me,

if they were up to release an other stronghold (whatever location) they would have say "no limit number " to avoid having a (or more) SH shut down.

as players can only have one of each per server, the point is : players can acces to all stronghold Bioware have made and none is to come after; so 5 is the limit

whatever, they won't ever communicate about not doing anymore SH, preferring people let hope ...

I believe Alderaan was the one being bandied around next, whilst Manaan was the one that most people on the forum want. They haven't mentioned "Coming soon" for anything so I don't think we'll see one before end of KotFE season 1.

Also the 5th stronghold doesn't count towards Conquest, Conquest just uses the top 4 strongholds for that calculation

Edited by EHKodiak