Theme'd Stronghold Help!

GuyverIII

Hello everyone,

I was able to recently get the credits together to buy one of the larger Strongholds. The problem I'm having is that I have 2 themes that I want to explore and create my stronghold around in terms of decorating and I cant decide which to go with first. I was hoping to get some suggestions and votes to see what might be a better idea from you guys!

My first idea is to have a stronghold that is Bounty Hunter themed! this will feature a trophy room of all the most dangerous hunts my BH has been on, a carbonite wall, armory, weapons room, bestiary which contains exotic creatures from the different parts of the galaxy I've been to, Mandalorian's, bounty hunter holding cell area, mission terminal area and so on. Of course there will also be an Underworld style cantina and gambling hall where only the galaxies finest (and most dangerous) underworld scum hang out, Holo dancers and so on! Finally, which location would suit this more Tatooine or Yavin?

My second concept idea is a Republic Military type of Stronghold. Like a Military Base full of Troopers (republic side). This theme will have a medical facility, barracks, Military Vehicle garage, an entire Prison filled with carbonite criminals along with guards, prison cells etc.. also there will be a cantina for the men of service to relax and have a few drinks in an on base cantina. There will also be patrols, turrets and a target range and training ground for combat! Finally just as with the first concept, Tatooine or Yavin! Please read this over and any suggestions and opinions you guys can help me out with would be awesome! look forward to read your response!!

Cheers,

Taurros Markeel

Edited by GuyverIII
Grammar

Both places are valid for each, you can make up any backstory to explain. However I'd feel the mandos fit more in the wretched hive of scum & villainy that Tatooine is, and I have encountered none on Yavin. On the other hand, there's a Republic camp in Yavin.

As for the captured beasts I strongly recommend using the THORN quarantine container.

Plus the circular patio in Tatooine just under the balcony kind of reminds a battle arena... a la Blood Hunt.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Fun ideas! I think the bounty hunter idea could work well in either, depending on the feel you're going for, while I see the Republic military base working better on Yavin (just my opinion, though:)). Yavin feels vast and secluded, and the gray stone halls (in some places crumbling with roots and plants coming through) can feel cold unless you add enough light and welcoming decorations to warm it up a bit. It's great for a secret hideaway or base. Tatooine has a comfy, home-y feel to it--you can see neighboring homesteads on the cliffs, so it doesn't have that secret, secluded feel as much.

If you haven't already, you can check out Stronghold tours like these on Dulfy that show you what hooks are available where:

Tatooine

Yavin

This could help you get ideas of where you'd like to put certain decorations or themed rooms. There are some notable differences with what each offers:

-Tatooine has lots of small rooms. Three off the balcony, one down the elevator, one branching off the main upper courtyard, and three branching off the far courtyard. The lower and upper courtyards (separated by stairs) each have a single centerpiece hook, and the ground level has four more centerpiece hooks. There are two starship hooks; the one in the starship port/garage (accessible through a door) is surrounded by many large hooks along the sides, and is also convertible into other hook arrangements (e.g., 5 centerpieces in a cross, etc.).

-Yavin has a couple small-ish rooms, but they're quirky: one has a hole in the ceiling with a waterfall coming in, one has a centerpiece hook in the middle and a balcony, one has a Yavin head sculpture...basically, you have to be willing to work with some irregularities in hook arrangements. There are only really six independent indoor rooms, if you don't count balconies. None of the doors close once the rooms behind them are unlocked. Know that the grassy areas have very few hooks (the grassy area at the entrance has none). There are also not many places for ceiling hooks: the two rooms on either side of the main temple have no ceiling hooks, and the two sanctuaries in the back have only one ceiling hook at the very top (two levels up from the ground); so, for instance, if you were looking for places to put up some Bounty Ceiling Cages, your options are limited to just a few rooms, but if you put them in the main temple room, you can have a ton of them. Like on Tatooine, one starship hook (at the entrance) can be converted into other hook arrangements. Quite different from Tatooine, Yavin has 16 centerpiece hooks, two of which are indoors, so that offers some options if you like centerpieces. There is also the "secret" cave, which doesn't have a lot of hooks (enough for a centerpiece and, say, a camping area and some wildlife or something) but looks really cool. The bridge, the roof of the temple, and the big patio in the back also give some nice space.

In general, I'd say there are more people who find themselves frustrated with hook arrangements in Yavin than on Tatooine, but if you're willing to work with it, you can get some great looking spaces (I really love my Yavin place). Take into account what options the spaces and hooks give you, walk around in each, and go with the one that has the right "feel" you're going for with your stronghold. Have fun!

Edited by Mireleni