The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Certificate

Cartel Certificates only drop from specific older packs, they dont drop from the more recent ones.

Of course if you have a lot of time and credits to waste you can find a high prestige stronghold that probably has a Contraband Slot Machine in it to play in hopes of winning some. Although after they nuked it from orbit you probably have better odds winning Powerball :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Cartel Certificates only drop from specific older packs, they dont drop from the more recent ones.

Of course if you have a lot of time and credits to waste you can find a high prestige stronghold that probably has a Contraband Slot Machine in it to play in hopes of winning some. Although after they nuked it from orbit you probably have better odds winning Powerball :p

A friend has the slot machine in his strong hold, it no longer drops certs.

I can't speak to certificates specifically but FWIW I got a full set of armor that is sold by ICE faction vendors (in the cartel bazaar) out of a grand chance cube. Maybe that is how they are dealing us not getting access to faction points anymore. I wonder if they put Cartel Certificate items in the chance cubes as well? Has anybody got something from it that used to cost certificates?

Yes, I miss being able to freely buy something from the bazaar, because I liked the look of it. In fact I only bought the packs for the certificates, I have terrible luck when it comes to getting the items I really wanted, Revan's mask, etc. While I'm not holding my breath for this issue to be fixed anytime soon, I do hope Bioware/EA implements something in the future to fix this problem. :o

A friend has the slot machine in his strong hold, it no longer drops certs.

As of a week and a half ago, they still drop certs. The drop rate is stupidly low though. It is like a 0.1% chance or something (1 in 1000 pulls). I had someone in the guild I was in get 2 inside an hour doing nothing but playing . It is expensive though, since the drop rate is so low. Figure that unless you are insanely lucky, you are going to spend in the neighborhood of about 750k credits per cert.

I really do miss the Certificates. Especially with the things you can get with them, and how rare they are now.

I don't, not one little bit. I would still like to hear why BW stopped them all the same. I did not care for them but so many do, as such it still seems odd that BW decided to discontinue them.

It is frustrating because the other day I wanted to buy something from the bazaar only to be told that I needed the certificates... which aren't in game anymore except by those that have them, or by the packs that are on the GTN for millions of credits that I don't have.

Why not just have all the packs on the cartel market and be able to choose which ones I want to buy. Before 4.0 rolled out there was a period (might have been a week) but I was able to buy the stronghold packs and managed to get the reaver armor set (that was fantastic actually). But seriously, why the hell can't we have that option?

The new packs with the cubes probably looked really good on paper, however those cubes more often than not end up giving me crap for product. I end up with all bronze stuff from a supercrate (***).. I thought chance cubes were supposed to bring back stuff at a higher rate, it seems the drop rate is skewed more for bronze CRAP than anything.