Elite mobs no longer dropping credits or loot

Firahiele

• 5 months later...

(Sorry that this is a bit of a necropost, but it seemed silly to start a new thread when there was already one on the subject.)

I've also become increasingly aware of this fact. A few elites do still drop loot, but many don't. I've just done the Frostclaw heroic mission on Hoth and, after completing the mission, decided to take out the other two champion rank skels before I left. I was disappointed to find that neither of them dropped anything at all. Since they're both off in out of the way corners they're clearly intended to be optional, and not an integral part of the mission, but, if there's nothing to be gained from taking them down, what's the point of having them there at all?

I've tried searching the forums and elsewhere online for any explanation of why so many elites and champions are no longer dropping anything, but couldn't find any info. Has anything ever been said about this? When stronghold decorations were common as loot many optional bosses or other challenging mobs dropped those. I'd have expected that, now that companion gifts are commonly dropped as loot, these kinds of mobs would be dropping those.

A single post no one responded to is hardly a thread worthy of necroing.

---

No one talks about it anymore because it's just another of BW's foolish, futile attempts to curb the gold sellers grinding credits. Mobs dropped loot and credits, therefore gold sellers MUST be getting all of their credits farming the mobs, therefore nerf loot drops down to essentially zero across the board and stop the gold sellers!

All it did was punish normal players by making it harder to generate credits by just playing the combat/exploration portions of the game, and made out of the way named mobs pointless to hunt down and kill, since they didn't drop anything worth the effort.

Gold sellers are stronger than ever.