The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[suggestion] Unstable Arbiter's Lightsaber

Mephesh

Why don't you people farm credits. Since, Sunday I have farmed 15 million. It's not hard making credits in this game. The actual price for BW to actually make putting the lightsaber as a direct to buy purchase is probably around plus 20k cartel coins. It's very simple. What I am saying is there will be optimal point where the cost of direct vs number of people willing to buy will produce maximum revenue. If the maximum revenue is less than rng revenue, then BW will not have a direct buy option, because they will lose money. What part of this don't you people understand. It's a business decision and BW isn't in the charity business. If you can't afford to buy packs or buy saber in game with credits, then tough luck. It's a cosmetic item, so it's not like you need it to play the game.

From the average hypercrates people opened to get them i would think it should be listed at 15k cc not 2k

I think you forgot about the number of people who will purchase the lightsaber at 15k or higher price. There is a lot of statistics and marketing research involve in predicting the number of people who will buy a lights saber at price X. The product of price X and number of people who will buy at this price is BW profit. Their models probably told them that rng boxes priced at X and number of people who would buy at price X would produced higher profit. You seem to forget that at higher prices there are less buyers. BW could lose more money by using a direct to buy model.

I think you forgot about the number of people who will purchase the lightsaber at 15k or higher price. There is a lot of statistics and marketing research involve in predicting the number of people who will buy a lights saber at price X. The product of price X and number of people who will buy at this price is BW profit. Their models probably told them that rng boxes priced at X and number of people who would buy at price X would produced higher profit. You seem to forget that at higher prices there are less buyers. BW could lose more money by using a direct to buy model.

But each hypercrate is 5500 ccs and people have opened anywhere from 1-8 hypercrates to get it

Most people have lives and don't have the time to constantly farm. If you're a farmer, good for you. However, most people aren't farmers.

It takes less time to play the gtn than what it does to play a round of warzones, instance, or operation. Otherwise, you can always buy packs directly from the cartel market. I made 16 million in the last 3-4 days. I also craft old armors, which again are cheap to make and net a million or so each week. It only takes a minute or two to get my companions to craft, granted.

The problem is you people don't play the economy game. You need to know what sells at what price and when to buy. It takes some experience to get good at playing the gtn. The majority of players seem to ignore this part of the game and complain when they don't have any credits in game. It takes some investment and patience. Instead of buying those shinnies you buy items to sell in the future or buy low, then sell high. What players who play the gtn game are doing is speculative investing. Fluctuations in the price of items is what generates a profit for the player.

Edited by Knockerz

As for BioWare's unusual stinginess with the drop rate, business or not, they rely on their customers for SUSTAINABLE revenue and with all the complaints and loss of future pack customers, doubt future packs will generate revenue at the levels they had it before. For most players, the low chance reward doesn't outweigh the high risk. For the gamblers, it seems they finally reached their limit.

As for the lightsaber/ dualsaber, yes it's just a cosmetic item; the blade seem too thin on it and the hilt is fugly. Perhaps the next pack will have something like it that's better looking, but I'm not wasting dollars on it; and the high risk low reward, not a convincing business model.

Edited by Willjb