Unsure if this is a bug, software issue, incompatibility issue, or something else?

OctavianDavis

Hi,

I am fairly new to SWTOR. I have been playing it for a only a month now. I recently became a subscriber as of today. However, since last night I am unable to log into the game, or even get the game to run. I can sign into my account, but the application will not run for the game.

This message pops up "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again.

I am unsure what that means. Can someone clarify what type of issue this is? I am not too well based in computer technology. Moreover, how can it be fixed?

I am using a Windows 7 operating system.

Thank you for any assistance!

Edited by OctavianDavis

I personally would try re-installing the game or attempt to launch it after Windows clean boot.

Clean boot because other applications might interfere with SWTOR (not to go far, my SWTOR did not get along with Fraps application and was silently shutting down after login if Fraps was running).

Other than that I can't help you, you might need to contact Support directly.

Edited by nightla

go into task manager (Open Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar, and then clicking Start Task Manager) and end task on any bitraider processes (should start with br, BRSptsvc.exe and brwc.exe) if any are still running.

then delete the bitraider folder in the game folder (right mouse click on the game shortcut and select open file location) and start the launcher.

If you never ever want to see unspecified error again - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714 it is a new game download but bitraider will be gone for good next time you delete the bitraider folder