A simple suggestion to make pets useful

Nefla

Pets in SWtOR are cute but have no purpose, beyond hoarding there's no real reason to have them and most people don't seem to use them. I suggest a feature be added to them (one I've seen in other MMO's) and that is to have pets pick up the loot dropped by the enemies you kill. They would seek out the loot in the area around you and you wouldn't have to pick it up manually. It's simple, useful, time saving, but doesn't add anything extreme that would make a big difference between people that do and don't use pets. It would give more people an incentive to use them. This was a feature I really enjoyed in the games that had it (and in SWtOR I frequently leave the drops behind because I don't want to slow down to collect them).

Thank you for your consideration! ^_^

Pets in SWtOR are cute but have no purpose, beyond hoarding there's no real reason to have them and most people don't seem to use them. I suggest a feature be added to them (one I've seen in other MMO's) and that is to have pets pick up the loot dropped by the enemies you kill. They would seek out the loot in the area around you and you wouldn't have to pick it up manually. It's simple, useful, time saving, but doesn't add anything extreme that would make a big difference between people that do and don't use pets. It would give more people an incentive to use them. This was a feature I really enjoyed in the games that had it (and in SWtOR I frequently leave the drops behind because I don't want to slow down to collect them).

Thank you for your consideration! ^_^

No. Personally I like that pets are passive, I don't eant the system in WoW that meant that pets had to fight.

No. Personally I like that pets are passive, I don't eant the system in WoW that meant that pets had to fight.

Pet would still be passive in combat, they would just loot stuff for you.

I like OP's idea. It's not overpowered, doesn't give you any edge in combat, and it's conviency at it's finest.

They are cosmetic. They are not meant to be "useful." There is just as much (and as little) point in having a pet as in changing the color of your character's light saber crystal.

But making them slightly useful/convenient would make them more appealing and make more people use them. Why would anyone be against that? Most people don't use pets anyway, this would make people want to use them. Maybe they could only have certain pets with this feature (the way only certain mounts have a flourish) that way the people who like their pets to not do anything could keep it that way and those who want a convenient feature could have it :)

Edited by Nefla

But making them slightly useful/convenient would make them more appealing and make more people use them. Why would anyone be against that? Most people don't use pets anyway, this would make people want to use them. Maybe they could only have certain pets with this feature (the way only certain mounts have a flourish) that way the people who like their pets to not do anything could keep it that way and those who want a convenient feature could have it :)

I agree. I would completely love this with the new loot drop system (or "labor" system), people just collect pets for the sake of collecting really and you rarely see veteran players bring these pets out. Another idea of this would be nice if these pets carried a few spaces to carry valuable items, but can be put away if they still have these items, and can also increase storage through legacy.

Edited by Jediforcejump