Lana Romance: Did I screw up?

Swedguy

After accepting Valkorion's power in Chapter 4, Lana told me she was concerned my the amount of power I got from him. Later on in Chapter 8, I used Valkorion's power again against Arcann. Lana then showed up and asked me in a somewhat sad and disappointed voice, "What have you become?"

I do remember still being able to flirt on Odessan later on, but I can't remember what response I got. Did anyone else get the option to flirt with and kiss Lana after using Valkorion's power twice?

Yes. I used his power all the time and got the same scene at chapter 8 where Lana was dissappointed. But it hasnt effected the romance, yet. Odeesen you can still lock in a romance with her. However later on in other chapters you might have a problem with her if you keep doing things she disapproves of, like with Koth in chapter 10

The only way that you can't start a romance with her is if you flirt with someone else. There is an option to flirt with Senya and I took it and that is the only time I couldn't start a romance with Lana.

On a side note I don't think the whole disappointment plays too much of an issue cause you can always catch that up with gifts.

I took the flirt with Senya and used Valkorion's power every chance I got and was still able to lock in the romance with Lana.

Some people do seem to be having trouble with not getting that final flirt that locks in the romance, but it's not clear what is causing that to happen. :(

Im having the same problem. I had two characters go through it before that used the flirt with senya and got it but ran it with my agent and used valks power each time and when the fight was over koth showed up instead of lana and i csnt romance her in chapter 9 even though i know for 100% i flirted with her each time and non of the others .

Theres some other people in another post having the same problem as not being able too.

I have the same problem too. On my second 65, I did all flirt options only with her, and got to chapter 9 after patch 4.1a hit and I can not get the lock in romance dialog with her. Exact same thing I did on my first 65 and it worked perfectly. I'm wondering if something in 4.1 or 4.1a broke it in chapter 9. I am refusing to finish the story on this character till someone in BW can confirm if its been broken or not. But getting any customer service on issues like this . . . next to impossible. I logged a ticket about it and within 12 hours I got an automated response back saying we don't handle that. ARGGGGGG.

The word I used elsewhere about the conditions for getting Lana to be lockable is "opaque". I think this thread is proof of that.

For those who did manage to do it, and for those who didn't: did you say for Lana to spare Tanek? (The ZK she catches during the escape.)

I'll start: I said "kill" (hugely out of character for my Light V F!commando, which she remarked on - "it's the new me"), and I locked her in (V's power only to save Lana, blew up the reactor, flirted with only her in KotFE, a few flirts during SoR even if I did IT with Theron in the end, flirted with her at every opportunity in KotFE, told her about V in my head.)

My characters are all LS, even my imperial characters. I have had them all romance Lana easily, have never used Valkorion's power and *have* flirted with Senya.

Could it have something to do with how you romanced her (or not) in SoR? My Sentinel DEEPLY disapproved of her subterfuge on Rishi and, when it was exposed, stopped flirting with her--but she still got the romance (forgave her) in KotFE.

If you told her the truth about Valkorion you might not have a big problem, but if you lied to her she will remember you lied to her. You might have a problem with her later on if you keep using Valkorions power, just like in chapter X with Koth depending on your choices.

The only way that you can't start a romance with her is if you flirt with someone else. There is an option to flirt with Senya and I took it and that is the only time I couldn't start a romance with Lana.

On a side note I don't think the whole disappointment plays too much of an issue cause you can always catch that up with gifts.

Choice the 2 edged sword.....yes it effects all PC Roleplayer equally and their futures.

The word I used elsewhere about the conditions for getting Lana to be lockable is "opaque". I think this thread is proof of that.

For those who did manage to do it, and for those who didn't: did you say for Lana to spare Tanek? (The ZK she catches during the escape.)

I'll start: I said "kill" (hugely out of character for my Light V F!commando, which she remarked on - "it's the new me"), and I locked her in (V's power only to save Lana, blew up the reactor, flirted with only her in KotFE, a few flirts during SoR even if I did IT with Theron in the end, flirted with her at every opportunity in KotFE, told her about V in my head.)

I told Lana honestly that I did have the Eternal Emperor in my head; however I rarely used that power. Lana long ago had to flee in a previous storyline. When I came into the new storyline about the Eternal Empire Lord Malgus died of course but I have yet to create an Alliance between Companion Characters and my storyline had not advanced enough to see the outcomes.

I told Lana honestly that I did have the Eternal Emperor in my head; however I rarely used that power. Lana long ago had to flee in a previous storyline. When I came into the new storyline about the Eternal Empire Lord Malgus died of course but I have yet to create an Alliance between Companion Characters and my storyline had not advanced enough to see the outcomes.

Surely Malgus is long dead before you started KotFE?