Mailbox stealing mail

DieterKreps

This happened on 2 toons on Harbinger between 430 and 5pm EST on Fri Feb 12.

Unread mail icon and chat message appeared on login.

I opened mail UI from mailbox (not legacy mail perk)

There were 6 unread. 1 from a friend, 5 from GTN sales (all unread)

Opened and replied to friends mail.

Opened first GTN sale reply. I suddenly wondered what percent commission the GTN takes so started a general chat conversation.

Went to open the second GTN reply and I received a popup message "Cannot perform mail function" or something like that.

Attempted to get all mail content with the UI function but could not.

Changed instances to see if it would correct. This caused the mail to completely disappear form the mailbox and the unread mail icon to disappear.

All mail is gone. All content is unavailable. I did not get the money from my GTN sales.

Same problem happened minutes later on another toon on same server.

please help!

Thirded. 2million+ creds from sales gone

Edit: Completely restarted and the mail now appeared in the mailbox. It was still unread, however no unread notification appeared in top bar. Got my creds which is good, mail system seems a bit wonky.

Edited by comeonucrazyguy
Update

Same happened to me - I was currently working in my mailbox, when suddenly 4 messages came about sold items in the ghn and maybe i deleted them to quick (explanation at the end).

A few minutes later i was looking in the GHN for some items and bought them, and the game showed me the symbol for 5 unread messages (obviously the 5 bought items). When I tried to collect them my mailbox suddenly was empty, which was quite a shock :D

At first I tried just logging into another char and back, which didn't help at all. After that I restarted the entire game and checked again the mailbox, allthough there wasn't a notification about new mails, but now all mails were shown correctly and i got my 5 items and 5 mails with cash for sold items, allthough i have only seen 4 mails about sold items in the beginning. (After opening the first mail, also the notification about unread mails worked correctly again)

Incident occured around 2:30 am to 3 am (GMT+1) on February 18 at server Vanjervalis Chain

Edited by Rykon

Been having similar problems. Logging out and back in returned the mail although without notification. I'm having to go through the mailbox and deal with each piece in case there's messages from other people. Add the "mailbox full" bug and I am spending way too much time putzing about with the mail system instead of playing the game. Not fun.