Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The Game Is Unplayable!!!

Vesash

Please would some one at bioware *********** fix this game. It's 3 days now I can not play this game!!!!

Log in is now working but the game crashes every 2 - 4 mins & I am forced to restart my machine in order to close your *********** program!!!!!! Fix this *********** thing already!!!

I have repaired it 4 times, ive reinstalled it once. the game logs in fine but is only playable for 2 - 4 mins after toon selection. the only way to close the game & try to restart it is to restart the pc, so please save the *********** sarcasm.

Check your system logs / windows event logs. Sounds like you are exhausting your memory and causing a crash. Or, as a prior post said, overheating in some way, causing a crash. The issue is likely with your system, not the patch.

ive checked all the logs. I'm not the only one having this issue. I have 16gb of ram so I doubt it. also when the game crashes it's using less then 600meg of ram. no overheating in my machine at all. the game is simply broken.

Edited by Vesash

Please would some one at bioware *********** fix this game. It's 3 days now I can not play this game!!!!

Log in is now working but the game crashes every 2 - 4 mins & I am forced to restart my machine in order to close your *********** program!!!!!! Fix this *********** thing already!!!

Do you by any chance use an Nvidia 980? I had that same problem where the game would go to either a black or grey screen and lock up. I had to do a hard reset to restart windows, and the problem didn't happen in any other game that I own.

To fix it I actually had to create a special profile with different voltage and clock settings just for SWTOR.

If your using the latest Nvida cards like 970 and 980 series, there has been a few issues on certain games. I just noticed a few weeks ago that my 970 got a driver update which finally allowed me to use Nvida's Geforce experience to automatically optimize Old Republic for me which has cleared up a lot of strange frame drops and other strange issues.

I would recommend that you check your drivers and ensure they are all update. If your using Nvida's Geforce experience, go to the game list in the control center and look for old republic on the list and then let it automatically optimize it for you, might help you out because it clear up a lot for me.

Edited by Snakesoul

Do you by any chance use an Nvidia 980? I had that same problem where the game would go to either a black or grey screen and lock up. I had to do a hard reset to restart windows, and the problem didn't happen in any other game that I own.

To fix it I actually had to create a special profile with different voltage and clock settings just for SWTOR.

That will be a EVGA 980 and a later firmware release for that card should fix it , another solution is to place the NVidia driver into debug mode ,that will remove the overclock and return to reference clock speeds.

Edited by OwenBrooks

had my 970s for almost 2 years now. the cards work fine in every game I have & no they aren't oc'd. the voltage is stock ''that the cards came with'' & it's happened since the patch update 4.1a. so no it's not my hardware it's the rudding game still being broken. it happens when I'm not tabbing out & it's on ALL my toons. I only tab out cos the game hangs & I cant do naught. left it for 1/2 an hour in that state & it was still frozen.

It would be more accurate to say ---> unplayable for you.

Clearly, some people are having some issues with patching, login, and play. There is in fact always some people that have game technical issues after patches.

However, judging by the actual activity in game....most people are able to login and play just fine.

Conclusion: There is something borked for you, and perhaps some others, but not for the large majority of other players.

TL;DR: game is quite playable by most players right now and there is ALWAYS someone having a technical problem with the game. Sometimes something on their end, sometimes a driver or OS compatibility issue of some sort.

Making broad and sweeping statements like you have done here does not garner much sympathy from other players. I get that you are personally frustrated.. but if you are going to rant at least try to be objective about it, IMO.

Edited by Andryah

If your using the latest Nvida cards like 970 and 980 series, there has been a few issues on certain games. I just noticed a few weeks ago that my 970 got a driver update which finally allowed me to use Nvida's Geforce experience to automatically optimize Old Republic for me which has cleared up a lot of strange frame drops and other strange issues.

I would recommend that you check your drivers and ensure they are all update. If your using Nvida's Geforce experience, go to the game list in the control center and look for old republic on the list and then let it automatically optimize it for you, might help you out because it clear up a lot for me.

My 970M likes to either reset resolution and freeze, or to blackscreen at startup. Honestly, blackscreen is better because I can just ctrl+alt+del, open task manager, and then just go back to the game and it is fine.

Funny thing is, those two scenarios happen exclusively on two different account profiles on the same system. So I now only play the game on the profile that blackscreens.

Or, when possible, I play on my desktop with Radeon R9 29fx2 and there are no issues whatsoever.

My 970M likes to either reset resolution and freeze, or to blackscreen at startup. Honestly, blackscreen is better because I can just ctrl+alt+del, open task manager, and then just go back to the game and it is fine..

Try using 355.98 and see if the blackscreen still occurs ?

had my 970s for almost 2 years now.

There is a known issue with Windows 10 Th2 and Nvidia , most actually get a BSOD but freezing can also be what occurs , There are reports the latest windows insider preview build 14257 may have fixed this issue see here

If it is possibly this, try setting grass to 0 initially and see if that helps

Edited by OwenBrooks

I'm in the same situation mate, ever since the update, never a problem previously. It feels like a VRAM issue but I've had no problems with any other game. and if it was i don't know why it would just show up following the latest patch. Tried all the standard stuff like checking drivers turning off AA etc. but no joy so far. Do share if you come across anything that helps.

I've tried all the recommended fixes in this forum and other reputable forums.....I have uninstalled and am currently reinstalling because I don't know what else to do anymore. I don't think it's a computer issue, as other people on the internet are posting of similar issues since Thursday's patch. Many of my in game friends have done the same. Some it works, other's it doesn't. Again I am not some expert but common sense tells me that if I am finding others in my circle and outside my circle to be having issues since the patch....it's probably the patch and a not global failure of people's pcs.

ive checked all the logs. I'm not the only one having this issue. I have 16gb of ram so I doubt it. also when the game crashes it's using less then 600meg of ram. no overheating in my machine at all. the game is simply broken.

It's not just the op. I can play the game fine but it sure does NOT like to close down anymore. I've had to do a hard reboot several times now just so I can make the game shut down. It likes to hang on exit and you can't alt tab out or anything while it's doing that. It literally forces you to have to shut down your pc in a manner which is not good for your pc. It is now happening to me 50% of the time. Some times it closes down fine albeit slowly but other times it just hangs and stops responding. And there is NOTHING wrong on my end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.