Thank you for the Stronghold QoL changes + some requests

Cnids

For anyone who didn't watch the stream yesterday, these quality of life changes were announced for strongholds:

• 5 personal stronghold per legacy
  • 50% increase in decoration limits for guild flagships.
  • Common decoration limits increased to 999.

As someone who's been grouchy about the paltry number of guild flagship hooks since I unlocked one on day 1, I really appreciate the addition of more hooks. My guild's an RP guild and we do a whole lot of stuff on our flagship, so my fellow leader and I are thrilled that we won't have to ration hooks anymore. We can actually decorate the walls!

I'm also personally thrilled about being able to get my 5th stronghold back. I dropped NS when Yavin came out, and I've missed it ever since.

Things I would really like to see in future are:

• decoration count on a per-stronghold basis (so if you have 3 luxury spas, you can use 3 per stronghold instead of across all of them). Given how expensive most decorations are, this would really help out with decorating - especially for new players who haven't been around since the beginning
  • ability to unlock additional copies of unlocked decorations for personal strongholds, either with credits or CC (sort of like the awesome 'donate to guild' feature)
  • a few more hooks for DK/Coruscant/NS player strongholds. Even 25 more hooks would make a big difference for me on those three
  • more directly purchasable decorations on the CC
  • some other way to get cartel certificates so we can still buy these decorations

Edited by Cnids

I would like to be able to buy copies of decoration too, even if it was just with cc. They could add more decoration bundles like "Jedi Bundle" "Sith Bundle" etc, even if these items were different variations ( reskinned or colored) of the one in the pack. That way the people who bought the items from the pack wouldn't feel ripped off but new players or those who aren't really rich could theme decorated there house.

This is very good news and should help a lot. I hope these aren't the only QoL improvements that are coming though.

I wouldn't mind more hooks on Yavin as well, maybe even squeeze in a couple more Centerpiece Hooks and (maybe even an additional starship hook somewhere) given the sheer amount of very large decos we've been getting. Plus more layout options for the starship hooks in the Tatooine outside landing pad and the one by the Yavin observation tower.

• decoration count on a per-stronghold basis (so if you have 3 luxury spas, you can use 3 per stronghold instead of across all of them). Given how expensive most decorations are, this would really help out with decorating - especially for new players who haven't been around since the beginning
  • ability to unlock additional copies of unlocked decorations for personal strongholds, either with credits or CC (sort of like the awesome 'donate to guild' feature)
  • a few more hooks for DK/Coruscant/NS player strongholds. Even 25 more hooks would make a big difference for me on those three
  • some other way to get cartel certificates so we can still buy these decorations

Whoa I really like those suggestions! I've been hoarding my cartel certificates since there is no way to still get these, since the vendor is still up for those it would make sense to have some source available somewhere to still get these. If nothing else, add them randomly to the cartel packs like before.

I agree on the DK/Coruscant/NS strongholds, I still have rooms to decorate and barely any hooks left to use. I kind of wish that the hooks that show up would show some kind of difference if you've already hit your max on a stronghold. I know, picky picky. :D

I'd like to be able to have more Felusa people in my strongholds ... she's very useful and I have a ton of them I can't use. Can we get that limit upped please?

I idea of being able to purchase unlocks for deco is interesting, kind of like we have for guild ships and other cartel items like armor, weapons, etc.

And Thank You Bio for the upcoming QOL changes and the cartel coins gift! I was totally jazzed to get 1050 coins today!!

That would be P2w, cause of how the prestige is setup and alot of people have already invested way to many credits and time to obtain them just to have them devalued to nothing like that imo. Edited by Theeko

All of this, yes! Very much YES.

One little caveat -- I would like to see the number of decorations allowed be different from the number of decorations required to gain the full conquest (etc?) bonus. That way, future expansions of the amount of furniture we CAN place doesn't increase the amount we MUST place.

And one addition -- I want to be able to place pets/vehicles/etc in my stronghold regardless of which character has unlocked them. It's silly to have to re-log across multiple characters to add pets to a stronghold. Either that, or let me place one copy for each character that owns the pet. I wouldn't mind a little herd of matching critters...

When are the Temple Chair (Basic) decorations coming back? Cartel Certificates?

Edited by Xina_LA

I wish they'd add a rooftop access for DK/Coruscant strongholds that has a starship hook. They could put an elevator to it in the hub room on the 2nd floor.

Also, I dream of a day when Bioware makes furniture (chairs, benches, beds) interactive like the starship chairs in the cockpits of our starships. The /chair emotes simply don't work well for most furniture.

Edited by Mournblood

If they had the ability to unlock decor as well as dyes through the CM they would have done so already since the beginning to late to change that now, if you want multiples of something do what others did pay for them on the Gtn or get them in chance cubes Edited by Theeko

There should be an option to create a preset of a Stronghold when fully decorated and save that preset of all the decorations that are in a hook. This way when you transfer to another server, you can upload that preset to the stronghold on the other server and all your decos will automatically be placed in the hook from your Stronghold on your previous server. That way you don't have to waste time decorating again.

As long as we're throwing in requests, I'd like to see an option added to change a stronghold's zone-in location. Most strongholds seem to make sense, but Yavin's has me perplexed. I guess from a "logical" point of view, one would start at the ship landing pad. But from the standpoint of practicality, many folks use their strongholds on a daily basis for zipping in quick, selling/repairing, shuffling off things into storage/legacy/guild, maybe checking mail and the market, and then just as quickly zipping out to continue playing. The hook layout at the landing pad doesn't really lend itself well for setting up all those stations in a convenient manner. I'd much rather zone-in withing the foyer to the temple, have all my stuff within close proximity, so I can get in and get right back out again.

As long as we're throwing in requests, I'd like to see an option added to change a stronghold's zone-in location.

It's what? Every time I visit my stronghold, I appear in a different location, sometimes with my face to a piece of furniture or a wall. Often times pieces of furniture have moved as well.

Edited by Xina_LA

• decoration count on a per-stronghold basis (so if you have 3 luxury spas, you can use 3 per stronghold instead of across all of them). - I vote no due to decreases demand for decorations on GTN
  • ability to unlock additional copies of unlocked decorations for personal strongholds, either with credits or CC (sort of like the awesome 'donate to guild' feature) - I vote yes, because it'd be a cash cow for them (but also no, because it'll decrease my GTN profit :p)
  • a few more hooks for DK/Coruscant/NS player strongholds. Even 25 more hooks would make a big difference for me on those three - Easy Yes
  • more directly purchasable decorations on the CC - Ambivalent
  • some other way to get cartel certificates so we can still buy these decorations - Just reintroduce them to cartel packs

But yes, the quality of life changes are nice and I hope we'll see more

ability to unlock additional copies of unlocked decorations for personal strongholds, either with credits or CC (sort of like the awesome 'donate to guild' feature) - I vote yes, because it'd be a cash cow for them (but also no, because it'll decrease my GTN profit :p)

Where exactly would they make profit if everyone just needs 1 decor of each kind?

Where exactly would they make profit if everyone just needs 1 decor of each kind?

The profit would be in CC for item copies and in creating new decorations, which would benefit all of us.

The game is full of thousands of pre-existing assets that would make fantastic decorations.

They have a lot to choose from. They could also re-skin decorations in different colors to add easy variety.