So Consular Ending and Kira

Bookworm_Jedi

So my 64 heals sage became my main. Finished the 3 chapters, Makeb, and working on Forged Alliances Pt. 3 before KOFE.

Why is Kira allowed to be a Jedi? They're dangerous! In my run of the story we had

- a republic diplomat

- a high ranking republic soldier

-

Syo Bakarn

- a jedi knight (Kira)

and countless others now that the First Son is dead and the other COTE are now unmasked. You don't even have be Force sensitive to be one, and the First Son was a council master!

I love Kira, but having wrapped up the consular storyline makes me question her.

Well Kira ran away from her parents and even if that was in question Master Kiwiiks recruited her when Kira was completely separated from both Jedi and Sith. That would be a really round about way of infiltrating the Republic or Jedi. Then after that she has shown resistance/immunity to the emperor's influence...so there you go.

to be fair Kira never was fully integrated into that program. She escaped early into it so she was never actually a child of the emperor even though they refer to her as one.

Beyond that, it may just be that members of the council that are confirmed good guys vouch for her and she helped save Tython. She seems to be largely a mirror of Bastilla from the old games. Where Bastilla put all her trust in the order only to lose it in the end, Kira thinks nothing of breaking the rules and forging her own path. My guess is that Kira will be leading a number of Jedi in an upcoming chapter and that she may have stronger belief in the teachings that the order gave her before the war.

Either that or Kira and Ashara have teamed up and formed a new order of knights that follow a slightly different set of rules.

to be fair Kira never was fully integrated into that program. She escaped early into it so she was never actually a child of the emperor even though they refer to her as one.

Beyond that, it may just be that members of the council that are confirmed good guys vouch for her and she helped save Tython. She seems to be largely a mirror of Bastilla from the old games. Where Bastilla put all her trust in the order only to lose it in the end, Kira thinks nothing of breaking the rules and forging her own path. My guess is that Kira will be leading a number of Jedi in an upcoming chapter and that she may have stronger belief in the teachings that the order gave her before the war.

Either that or Kira and Ashara have teamed up and formed a new order of knights that follow a slightly different set of rules.

Kira and Ashara would make for a really interesting story point, since they are very similar, just on different sides of the Empire/Republic conflict.

Kira and Ashara aren't really that similar.

While both play fast and loose with the rules at times, Kira never loses sight of what it truly means to be a Jedi or light side. Ashara fools herself into thinking she's both of those things, but she's falling to the dark side (a fall that never finishes, thanks to class stories being cut) and serving the dark side and the Sith.

Kira may break rules, but she is incorruptible. She's also quite a bit smarter than Ashara, who is portrayed as not being the brightest bulb.

In terms of assessing the risk she poses, what exactly did you learn in the consular story about the Children of the Emperor that you didn't in the knight story? You learn in the knight storyline that he has the ability to possess them as avatars which is the most salient point. You also see she has the strength of will to overpower it, which is why she's allowed.

Kira and Ashara aren't really that similar.

While both play fast and loose with the rules at times, Kira never loses sight of what it truly means to be a Jedi or light side. Ashara fools herself into thinking she's both of those things, but she's falling to the dark side (a fall that never finishes, thanks to class stories being cut) and serving the dark side and the Sith.

Kira may break rules, but she is incorruptible. She's also quite a bit smarter than Ashara, who is portrayed as not being the brightest bulb.

I agree with everything you said except the part about Ashara not being smart(and I wouldn't characterize her as fallen to the dark side). What's that based on? How long it took her to stop denying she's not a jedi? I think that was a bit more complicated than simple stupidity.

Edited by Senrie

Because unlike the other Children, Kira exorcised the Emperor completely from her. That's why after the Knight defeated the Emperor and all the Children were being driven mad, Kira was perfectly fine. She's no more in danger of being possessed than any other Jedi. In fact, based on the fact that at the end of Chapter 2,

Kira alone was able to resist the Emperor's control when even a Jedi Council Master and the Hero of Tython couldn't,

I'd say she's even more immune to the Emperor than non-Children.

Because unlike the other Children, Kira exorcised the Emperor completely from her. That's why after the Knight defeated the Emperor and all the Children were being driven mad, Kira was perfectly fine. She's no more in danger of being possessed than any other Jedi. In fact, based on the fact that at the end of Chapter 2,

Kira alone was able to resist the Emperor's control when even a Jedi Council Master and the Hero of Tython couldn't,

I'd say she's even more immune to the Emperor than non-Children.

agreed. Kira tends to get the short stick because she's serving along side the "GREAT JEDI OF THE AGE!" but in a universe without a Hero of Tython of the Barensenthor, she'd proably be considered one of the greatest jedi of her generation

agreed. Kira tends to get the short stick because she's serving along side the "GREAT JEDI OF THE AGE!" but in a universe without a Hero of Tython of the Barensenthor, she'd proably be considered one of the greatest jedi of her generation

She does have incredible willpower incredible willpower that I have not seen in anyone. Even Scourge respects her because of that and even trains her.