Unable to mount on speeder on Yavin

BenduKundalini

Did some adventuring on Yavin yesterday (Feb 10) and after exiting the cave where you defeat an ancient Massassi it was impossible to summon the speeder anymore.

UPDATE: clicking a glitched item might have caused it.

Now that someone mentioned it there was this strange artifact (looks identical to the Primordial Device deco and is apparently related to some hidden quest) I had never seen which prompted a dialogue that was... empty.

"1.

"

Edited by BenduKundalini

Oh remember that bug, i'll get it sometimes. But it does not seem to be charspecific or something like that... it's random everytime. It is still there if you quicktravel around yavin, but it's gone when you leave for e.g. your stronghold and go back on yavin.

edit: it happens even when you quicktravel out.

Edited by Methylium

That happens to me 9 out of 10 times with the cave where you do the one daily to kill like 10 or 15 of those little flying guys. It also holds the 2 instances, one is for another daily to get the last artifact and the other you do that regular attuning w/e stuff in. My first time through that cave goes fine.. the 2nd time when I do the dailies/missions to unlock the final stage for going after Revan.. I exit the cave and suddenly can't mount up, always end up having to relog.

That's odd, I haven't seen this issue. I'll send it to the team!

Cool, thanks Tait! :)

UPDATE: clicking a glitched item might have triggered it

Oh remember that bug, i'll get it sometimes. But it does not seem to be charspecific or something like that... it's random everytime. It is still there if you quicktravel around yavin, but it's gone when you leave for e.g. your stronghold and go back on yavin.

edit: it happens even when you quicktravel out.

Yup, as soon as I entered my stronghold I tested it and speeder worked fine.

That happens to me 9 out of 10 times with the cave where you do the one daily to kill like 10 or 15 of those little flying guys. It also holds the 2 instances, one is for another daily to get the last artifact and the other you do that regular attuning w/e stuff in. My first time through that cave goes fine.. the 2nd time when I do the dailies/missions to unlock the final stage for going after Revan.. I exit the cave and suddenly can't mount up, always end up having to relog.

Now that you mention this there was this strange artifact (looks identical to the Primordial Device deco and is apparently related to some hidden quest) I had never seen which prompted a dialogue that was... empty.

"1.

"

Edited by BenduKundalini

This has happened to me, too. It's class specific for me. I couldn't use mounts on my Trooper and one of my Imps (Sorc?). I could use it on my Operative. I've only noticed it in the area with all the Revanites around because that's the only area where I want to travel faster than a sprint. The area for the missions, "Training Regimen," "Devoted Ones."

Posting again as this literally just happened to me once more on Yavin.

I'm doing "The Enemy Within" and just exited the cave after completing "Altars of History" and doing the first part of "Pathfinding" and once again can't mount up. This has happened for me, in this exact same scenario, on at least 6 out of 7 toons now.

It's peculiar because before that, I'd been in the cave too for one of the previous quests and everything's fine then.

Including a screenshot as well. Mind you I'm not like utterly frustrated by this, stuff happens and I relog but just figured I'd describe the issue and circumstances around it as accurately as possible in the hopes it'll help fix it at some point.

http://imgur.com/j3kQ0Am

• 4 weeks later...
That's odd, I haven't seen this issue. I'll send it to the team!

I had reported this on 1/11 (see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=862809 ) and I believe I have seen other threads about it as well. Glad that it finally caught notice.

As far as I know, the suggestion about clicking on a "glitched" item is a red herring for me. I do, however, do the daily quest (save artifacts from the chests in that area that culminates in killing the champion mob in the tunnel - instanced area) and complete that one before heading out to kill the stoneray matriach (I pickup that quest on my way in and kill the stonerays in the tunnel as I go in/out).

There is a work a round for it, if it annoys you. Like it does me, and that is to travel to your stronghold and back. That usually fixes it. But, this bug has been around for ages, as it always happens after you've been in that cave with the Stone rays, as someone above mentioned.

• 3 months later...