Theory Thread

NekoAggelou

I just felt like making a thread for everyone's postulations about (and hopes for) the game's story. Here, you may either post a theory of your own or discuss and analyze others'.

I'd like to start off with the theory that Vitiate's original body's kept within the Dark Sanctuary of the Gravestone. This theory might be supported by the facts that we don't know how long ago the Gravestone went out of commission (nor whether or not the Emperor might have stumbled upon it since then), and that the Emperor only began relying on Voices after Revan tried to kill him.

"The Emperor created his first Voice after the legendary Jedi named Revan attempted to assassinate him on Dromund Kaas. Though Revan's plot failed, he approached within striking distance of the Emperor. To guard against further vulnerability, the Emperor created the Voice to deliver his orders while distancing himself from the forces that conspired against him. Centuries later, this very safeguard would save the Emperor once more."

Edited by NekoAggelou

Interesting idea. He puts his body on the only ship that's capable of defeating his own Eternal Fleet. But why not guard it better? JK spoiler

I believe when we meet him at the end of 2nd chapter, that's his original body. It's on that cloaked station, near enough but hidden enough from Dromund Kaas. Also at that time the Voss Voice was the Emperor's Voice, so I really think that dark body is his original.

• 4 months later...

Here's another: Vitiate secretly either arranged or encouraged the Kaggath between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh, knowing that it'd leave the ancient Sith vulnerable, so that he, as the only one able to provide them refuge, would have authority over the entire species.

Interesting idea. He puts his body on the only ship that's capable of defeating his own Eternal Fleet. But why not guard it better? JK spoiler

I believe when we meet him at the end of 2nd chapter, that's his original body. It's on that cloaked station, near enough but hidden enough from Dromund Kaas. Also at that time the Voss Voice was the Emperor's Voice, so I really think that dark body is his original.

Oh, by the way: I got the impression that the masked body the Hero of Tython first encountered probably WAS the Voss Voice, whose face was concealed to prevent people (particularly Scourge) from realizing he had Voices to begin with. Keep in mind that Voices take considerable time to prepare/convert. And, before you argue that "Voss are taller than that," the Voss Voice the Sith Warrior meets has the same height and build as a Body Type 2 male player character.

Edited by NekoAggelou

Oh, by the way: I got the impression that the masked body the Hero of Tython first encountered probably WAS the Voss Voice, whose face was concealed to prevent people (particularly Scourge) from realizing he had Voices to begin with.

Actually, the Emperor having Voices is not a secret for the knowledgeable - at least for Council level. Otherwise Baras would not be able to make his bid for power.

What can be a secret is the amount of Voices and the effect of their death on the Emperor himself.

• 2 months later...

Actually, whether it's common knowledge among Dark Council members or not, it appears evident that Scourge had no idea about them.

And, calling it in advance: the hooded figure in the teaser is either yet another one of Vitiate's Voices or his original body.

Edited by NekoAggelou