The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Snoke is a Sith(Confirmed)

Slowpokeking

Ventress is not a Sith herself, she didn't know enough, nor is she totally evil, how could she and why would she choose to train others with the way of the Sith?

There was a time when she truly desired to be Sith and even thought she was Sith. If the Sith had suddenly died before she discovered Dooku. She would have "trained people" in the "ways of the sith" as she knew and understood them.

There was a time when she truly desired to be Sith and even thought she was Sith. If the Sith had suddenly died before she discovered Dooku. She would have "trained people" in the "ways of the sith" as she knew and understood them.

But she never was one herself, if it was her and the description will be "trained by a dark sider" rather than "Sith' teaching"

But she never was one herself, if it was her and the description will be "trained by a dark sider" rather than "Sith' teaching"

I think you're a bit confused here. Even if she wasn't sith herself what was her training based on? Tidbits of Sith teachings she found here and there. If she passed them on what would that be called? Tidbits of training of Sith teachings here and there. It doesn't make her a sith no and yes it is dark side training but more importantly it's.. bits of sith teachings. It wouldn't be inaccurate to claim Ventress was the byproduct of Sith teachings even if she was never a sith. You could make the claim even before she met Dooku considering, even if she wasn't a sith, she based her actions, philosophy, and training off what she perceived to be the way of the Sith.

I think you're a bit confused here. Even if she wasn't sith herself what was her training based on? Tidbits of Sith teachings she found here and there. If she passed them on what would that be called? Tidbits of training of Sith teachings here and there. It doesn't make her a sith no and yes it is dark side training but more importantly it's.. bits of sith teachings. It wouldn't be inaccurate to claim Ventress was the byproduct of Sith teachings even if she was never a sith. You could make the claim even before she met Dooku considering, even if she wasn't a sith, she based her actions, philosophy, and training off what she perceived to be the way of the Sith.

She's a Dark Jedi.

More to that, people overlook the Dark Jedi aspect a lot and assume that one needs to be either a Jedi or Sitth.

Ya know...there have been powerful groups of Dark Force Users that weren't Sith.

Sorcerers of Rhand come to mind.

So Snoke could just be a powerful Dark Jedi and is training Kylo in a similar manner, which again is something that does happen, a Dark Jedi can train another in their ways.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Part of this comes down to what does it take to be called Sith? (is there a checklist of requirements?)

I would think that being a darkside practitioner is a pre-requisite but not a conclusive benchmark.

I view Sith (or Jedi or any force cult-like organization) as adopting 3 ideas:

• Accepting a certain view of the force
  • Using the force under certain guidelines (code)
  • Appropriating this ideal as your way of life

I don't view it as being a list of techniques. Does this make Snoke a Sith? I don't know, but probably (assuming he is Kylo Whine's only teacher in these Sith teachings), since (to me) Sith teachings are more about perspective and viewpoint, in turn creating a way of life and a guide to one's actions than a list of techniques to use.

She was simply trained to be a Dark Jedi assassin of Dooku, just like the Inquisitors in new canon and some of the Emperor/Vader's "unofficial" apprentices in old canon.

She was simply trained to be a Dark Jedi assassin of Dooku, just like the Inquisitors in new canon and some of the Emperor/Vader's "unofficial" apprentices in old canon.

The inquisitors were given some "sith training." they also had bits and pieces of sith philosopy. Your point only reinforces my own. The inquisitors weren't sith but they had some sith training and understood some sith philosophy. You could argue the Sith inquisitors were a by-product of Sith training even if they never managed to become Sith themselves.

Edited by Rhyltran

The inquisitors were given some "sith training." they also had bits and pieces of sith philosopy. Your point only reinforces my own. The inquisitors weren't sith but they had some sith training and understood some sith philosophy. You could argue the Sith inquisitors were a by-product of Sith training even if they never managed to become Sith themselves.

What bit of "Sith training"? They were trained with Dark Side technique but they are not Sith. We don't call someone trained by them "a product of Sith' training" but "inquistor's training".

Also it does, that was Anakin's whole thing, he was destined to destroy the Sith. It's been hammered in I don't know how many times, Snoke doesn't need to be a Sith Lord to use the dark side or be a good villain.

You don't have to be Sith to use the dark side.

I haven't watched TFA nor so I intend to.

Edited by Karkais

What bit of "Sith training"? They were trained with Dark Side technique but they are not Sith. We don't call someone trained by them "a product of Sith' training" but "inquistor's training".

Your problem is that you seem to think someone can't have sith training without being sith or receive sith training without being Sith. It doesn't work like that for anything. If I listen to someone who is religious talk about their religion I may not know every facet of their religion but I do know some aspects as well as bits of pieces. If I decide to pass those aspects or pieces down it doesn't make me a member of said religion because I don't know enough about it to claim membership in it but I can add bits and pieces to my philosophy and moral code. We know Snoke has been around since at the very least the clone wars.

To think you know all or nothing is very.. narrow minded.

Edited by Rhyltran