The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hello ? ... lo? ... lo? ... lo? ... Echo...

Myriandore

Where are all the competitive players?...

(Edited initial post Re: lack of new competitive contents. )

Fact is BW does nothing but follow a now well known, tried and tested MMO business model that consists in building a reputation on initially offering quality intricate competitive mechanisms and value for money eye candy, to invariably once the hype has attracted the masses, unashamedly drop its initial core client base ethos to pander to a different one that often is more interested by pop culture and sims like type universes.

I guess some of you are already aware it is nothing personal; but just business as the saying goes...

Edited by Myriandore
Changed mood I guess

Almost everyone from the "raiding" community's gone and it's understandable. Let's face this intelligently (...)

This, (the state of this game) is nothing more than an innocent MMO business model devs will never admit adhering to, and players should at long last finally learn to understand and accept it. Its recipe is actually quite simple (not to mention deja vu):

1) Make a game famous thanks to quality competitive oriented mechanics spawning a skilled dedicated community which 2) attracts averagely competitive players (no offense) who in turn 3) will attract non competitive masses and as a game company, you've nearly made it.

Now all that is needed is pander BIG TIME to that last category, milking the golden calf as much as you can and TADAAA !!! ... You've made it big.

Face it people, you've not outgrown this game, it just regressed to meet a market demand.

Having said that though, it's still the awesome Star Wars universe.. C'mon Star Wars, you are our only hope!

Not sure what you mean ; o I joined a few months ago and since then I know of plenty of raids that are organized. I'm not a huge fan of it, but when its combined with a small touch of RP (staying in character) its very fun :)

It also takes good communication with players you find to be "competitive" whether it be via forums, enjin, etc. so that you can talk about fun things you want to do, and gather the kinds of players you'd like to do them with. You can't really shout for them to come running now days I guess, but searching them out to me is just as fun lol

I am not sure if it could also have something to do with which server a person plays on, but I am generalizing that a large population server will have of course more chances of unfortunate quality players vs. perhaps an equal sized population of "competitive" players.

But anyway, players will always try and find something fun to do. I'm sure it can't be as bad as you may think ;o

Story, characters, companions, a voiced PC...these were always the main selling points of SWtOR, not the generic MMO parts. It's always pretty much been a story-heavy single player BioWare RPG with optional multiplayer content on the side.