More and different Havoc Squad Armor sets for all Havoc Squad members

ODST-Parker

As a Trooper, I was incredibly excited when I saw the Havoc Squad armor in a pack preview a while back. I was a little disappointed by the lack of the Havoc Squad insignia on the shoulders (I get that other classes wear it, but it's called Havoc Squad armor), the slight inconsistencies between it and the armor from the cinematics, and the giant backpack and chest strap. However, having the armor is fantastic, even if I missed the now extremely expensive helmet. As a proud Trooper and commander of Havoc Squad, it's a near perfect cosmetic choice.

Now, I'd like to see more. This specific armor was based on the gunner from the Hope cinematic, the guy with the assault cannon (want that gunmetal color scheme on that model AC, by the way). The next clear choice would be the set worn by Jace Malcom, the one with the rank pauldron replacing the left side shoulder pad, the knife sheath on the front, and no backpack. Honestly, that's the one I want more than the gunner's. As a Commando, it fits my character fine, but as long as it has that impractically large backpack, I'd prefer something else. Then, you could get creative. Make a set for each member of Havoc Squad, all four of the Trooper's companions (sorry M1-4X, but you can't wear armor). A sniper's set for Aric, medic for Elara, scout for Yuun, and maybe shock trooper for Tanno. I can easily see it being a very good way to expand any Trooper's cosmetic wardrobe. Maybe throw a kama (those leather skirts) on one, or a snowtrooper-esque backpack, or some different optic systems on the helmet. There are so many combinations you could give us, and it would be such a perfect way to make each one of our companions uniform, but unique at the same time.

Honestly, I'd like a system where we could take a set of armor in its default state and add other cosmetic items to it. For instance, you could wear a completely plain set of Trooper style armor, like the Havoc Squad set without any bits on it. But, if you wanted to make it into something more, you could add kama armor, backpacks, helmet optics, and other cosmetic accessories to the base model. Since we only just got cosmetic outfit slots, I don't see anything like that happening anytime soon. I think adding more distinct sets would be close enough. They don't even have to be available from the Cartel Market. Crafting, companion quests, vendors, there are lots of ways you could get it. I just want to be able to kit out my squad in as good a way as I've done for myself.

Here's my take on Havoc Squad gear.

This picture predates 4.0, and features BBA Bounty Tracker gear dyed black/deep red all over.

I'd rather have more Trooper-esque armor, if I'm honest. I think it looks fantastic, like the troopers from Clone Wars, but with even more variations. That looks like more of a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter outfit to me.

I'd rather have more Trooper-esque armor, if I'm honest. I think it looks fantastic, like the troopers from Clone Wars, but with even more variations. That looks like more of a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter outfit to me.

Fair point, although my reasoning was that Havoc Squad is a top-flight elite special forces unit, so doesn't need to be bound by the needs of line infantry units. To be fair, I have another trooper (OK, several other troopers) using the Tactical Infantry set from the CM, backpack life-support / climate-control gear and all.

(What did you think was in the backpack, anyway?)