Missing datacrons in legacy

ShootMeFirst

Hello,

I am having an issue with some of the datacrons. I was able to collect some of them back when they granted the shards instead of the current account wide stat buffs. I unsubbed for a while then came back to find the relics that were assembled by using these shards missing... but that is not really the issue.

The issue is, it seems that even when I got these older datacrons, my 'legacy' screen, does not show them as collected. It gets worse, even if I try to collect them again, I get a message that I cannot use that item so I don't get credit for it even if I retry it. Even further, I recently submitted an in-game bug report about the datacron in balmorra (imp side) on the lower level of the warehouse (the one that requires two players to click a console to lower a shield). I am positive I have gotten that datacron in a previous toon, but my legacy screen does no show it. So, I went down there and got the datacron with another player and got a shard. The shard is currently sitting on my inventory, I guess expecting to become part of a datacube relic and my legacy screen still does not show any credit for getting this datacron.

I am also positive I got the one in Hoth that requires ice to be melted down before it can be accessed, yet I think I only have credit for one datacron I got by defeating a champion roaming droid.

To my knowledge the Datacron page in your Legacy Window only shows the Legacy wide Datacrons, which are all that give a state boost (endurance, mastery or presence) and that only after you log into the character that got them. Bach when you got them this were the Datacrons giving Strength, Aim etc.

Matrix Shards are not legacy wide and are only tracked via Planetary achievements.

My understanding of the current way datacrons are being handled is that they do not grant the shards anymore (so you dont get to build the relic). The thing is that I am getting the shard but not credit for the reaching the datacron itself in my legacy window. In addition, some datacrons I was able to reach on my old toons (which are still in my account, I have not deleted them) cannot be used by any other toon (I get a 'you cannot use this item' message) and also I don't get any credit for them in legacy.

There is usually only 1 Datacron per Planet that grants a Matrix Shard (there are one or 2 exceptions to that Rule), it was the same pre 4.0 and once you have 3 Shard you can still build a Relic. This Datacrons are not shown under Legacy->Global Unlocks->Datacrons as they are on a per Character Basis, but the can be tracked (only the first time thou) via Legacy->Achievements->Location->Planetname->Planetname Datacron Master.

All Datacrons shown under Legacy->Global Unlocks->Datacrons are Legacy wide now and Grant either Mastery, Presence or Endurance (pre 4.0 they were Strength, Aim, Cunning, Willpower, Presence or Endurance but no Shards) you collect them only once either by logging into a Character that got them pre 4.0 or by picking them up now and they grant the Stat bonus for all Characters in your Legacy. Those you cannot access are the ones you already have, they should be shown as unlocked on your Datacron Page (If they don't you had a bug during initial unlock) and the only thing you loose are the Codex entries.

I've tested this with a new alt and made some Screenshots to illustrate:

• My Datacron Page Korriban shows 2 Collected Datacrons and Ilum shows 1 collected and 2 missing, 1 Datacron for Korriban and 2 for Ilum containing Matrix Shards are not shown
  • Korriban Datacron Master showing 3 collected Datacrons including one Matrix Shard.

I hope that helps

Edited by hof_th

All Datacrons shown under Legacy->Global Unlocks->Datacrons are Legacy wide now and Grant either Mastery, Presence or Endurance (pre 4.0 they were Strength, Aim, Cunning, Willpower, Presence or Endurance but no Shards) you collect them only once either by logging into a Character that got them pre 4.0 or by picking them up now and they grant the Stat bonus for all Characters in your Legacy. Those you cannot access are the ones you already have, they should be shown as unlocked on your Datacron Page (If they don't you had a bug during initial unlock) and the only thing you loose are the Codex entries.

I've tested this with a new alt and made some Screenshots to illustrate:

• My Datacron Page Korriban shows 2 Collected Datacrons and Ilum shows 1 collected and 2 missing, 1 Datacron for Korriban and 2 for Ilum containing Matrix Shards are not shown
  • Korriban Datacron Master showing 3 collected Datacrons including one Matrix Shard.

I hope that helps

Ah I see.. so the shards can still be used to build a relic. I think I got confused as I had gotten a couple relics for my toons pre 4.0 using shards, once I logged back on them, the relics were missing (empty slots) and since it seemed all datacrons were streamlined to provide a single stat (mastery), I thought that all datacrons were just doing that. I still believe that I might be missing some datacrons in my legacy but I'll have to check each one but yes, you did help. Thanks.