Storymode ops

So I have a quick question about ops but first ill explain my guilds situation.

So I recently learned that storymode ops are not just bolstered in group finder, but when you walk in as well. This is correct yes? I tested and my level 50's seemed to be bolstered to 65.

Anyways if I take a team of level 50-65;s in to an ops and they are they possible to complete?

Me and my guild are new to ops and wanna run all storymodes and Ive heard they are pretty easy.

So my question is are specific abilites from skill tree;s needed when doing storymode ops? or can I take a team of level 50-65's in that may not have maxed out skill tree's in and still complete storymode ops?

Yes, a full group of level 50s can walk in with level 50 gear and be able to complete the op. That's not to say you should walk in with no armor.... bolster has issues boosting secondary stats. However all the SM ops should be doable with a competent group of level 50s. I would suggest staying away from Explosive Conflict, Ravagers, and Temple of Sacrifice at first; those are harder than the rest and might cause issues with a new group. Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace, and Dread Fortress are easy, start with one of those. I would say either Eternity Vault or Dread Fortress, as the final bosses of those have some interesting mechanics to give you an idea of what the norm is for an ops boss.

Oddly enough the same can't be said for HM Flashpoints... the aforementioned shortcoming in bolster makes some of the dps/heal checks literally impossible with a underleveled group. Try doing the droid boss on Korriban Incursion with a full group of 50s if you don't believe me. Or better yet, Blood Hunt HM.... first boss in that thing is hilariously broken at the moment :/ .

Edited by KEVHOUSTTWO