Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We are nearing my "best case scenario" of one hour. We are not ready to bring the servers live yet, but we are still looking good. We are continuing to push the update out across our live servers, where we will then test these changes again. Assuming at that point, that everything looks good, we will bring the servers online. I am being told that it is possible that all of this can be complete within an hour. So, another best case ETA of one hour from the time of this post, or 6:30 PM CT.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

How long are you going to keep doing this?

Right now the plan is to check back in an hour

I will check back in an hour

I will check back in an hour

Hey folks,

We are nearing my "best case scenario" of one hour. We are not ready to bring the servers live yet, but we are still looking good. We are continuing to push the update out across our live servers, where we will then test these changes again. Assuming at that point, that everything looks good, we will bring the servers online. I am being told that it is possible that all of this can be complete within an hour. So, another best case ETA of one hour from the time of this post, or 6:30 PM CT.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

man come on, since when did this dev team got a best case scenario?

just be honest how long it will take!

Indeed ($1) - though trying to get management off the calls so we could actually do work was never a viable option for them :(

If the Major Incident Manager team is doing their job correctly, then they would have split the call into two allowing the business to get critical updates from the technical teams and allowing the technicians to work on the problem at hand.

Reference: I am a Major Incident Manger. I would be the one running these types of calls.

I just tried to log in and get this message. "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again." I would really hate to have to uninstall and reinstall this game. Before this so called patch it takes 2.5 hrs to install.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

thanks for your great work! I know how difficult it is to make a game .

Guys. For Marrs sake stop whining! They are trying there best. I always think about it this way: The longer is takes, the better is will be. If you stop complaining and play something else it will be done soon. So please, talk about something else besides referrals and servers being down.

you mean the longer it take the more money they will rob us from the *********** money grabers and they deserve to be ****ed with.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

hope this holds true. i wanna check what i got from my hypercrate :p

Point me to new servers, new graphics, new tech. I would love to see a server merge of the dead servers left out there, some updated graphics, and new tech would fix a lot of their issues. I admire your efforts. However, no. This game always has a major bug on expansions, patches, etc. when launch days hit. If its hard for a giant like Bioware to fix "a door closing," then we have bigger issues on our hands. With that being said, yes mission fixes and combat balance is more complex, but they have never listened to players about class balance issues, and the fact they caught it still during patch time means it has been an issue through development and they realized just in time that it wasn't going to fix itself.

Bioware will not compensate anyone. I don't think they ever have. They certainly won't give anyone extended hours on anything or cartel coins. You are right problems will happen, and it is hard, but their job is to minimize those problems, and have things available for their player base in a timely manner. Not this.

Hats off to another voice of intellect.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Really hope they fixed the anarchist pack for those who bought cartel coins to get it.

This thread is hilarious, and a prime example of why they keep us in the dark about everything. There is just no satisfying the "I deserve everything/I have to have it now" crowd..... But it's fun as hell reading them whine about it.

Totally agree...keep up the good work SWTOR team and Ignore all the whiners here on the list. They are not in touch with reality

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric can you tell me how to check my private messages? i'm clueless on what they are can you tell me? And btw, gotta love that rakghoul with glasses smily :D:rak_03: my favorite too. you are also telling people to check messages but I don't have anything :(

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Bro this has been going on all day i wish they would use a ptr so these issues dont happen. i am usally never on the forums but i have been all day just hitting refresh every 5 min or so its been a long day for us all. I hope there is some kind of goodwill coming our way for those of us who cant type as fast as others to win these contest.

You really dont think of your subscribers when u keep us waiting like this with no real information and we already lost 1 day of the so called "early acess"

what kind of information do you actually want ?

i am just curious. i have all the information i need. there is a problem, problem was stated.. and now they are trying to fix it. every now and then we are informed that it will take longer then expected.

so what kind of information do you need ?