Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I've always gotten good service from BioWare, and the fact that they are fixing this now instead of when a million players have encountered the issue, is better, as the alternative is a rollback. I'm a sub. I don't care about the early access time (or the endless referral codes). I just want the game working right.

Exactly. I'd rather it be done right than done fast.

Oh ye of little faith: MMORPGs have been around a lot longer than that... try since the 1970s... they were played on tables and used dice and dungeon masters to play....:D

Erm ... the acronym MMORPG means: Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Ergo, tabletop games do not qualify

Edited by AltAddicted
spelling

Holy shT what a bunch of sour whiney little girls. If you had any idea what its actually like to implement stuff like this into a datacenter you have no idea how problematic it can all be, stop whining and get out of the fking basement you peons

sour whiney little girls are people too:D

•Players can no longer toggle off the “Dusted with Snowflakes” buff that is received when hit with a Snowball.

Well thank god!!!! I was wondering when all your effort would be placed into that. Thank goodness you didn't waste time on say oh...pvp junk...or HERO engine optimization...or...a new War Zone.

download at 94,67 % since hours now and no noticable download speed.. i am curious when its finally going to be done. its past midnight for me now.:cool:

i downloaded the update at 11am my time no prob.... unfortunately its now 6pm so it didn't really do any good... lol

To think that I actually stayed home for this... I mean really? I guess this was the bonus for 2 months sub I recently bought :) the funniest thing is that EA won't give a **** about wasting people's time and money and you people(including me) won't get ANY compensation, not even a symbolic 1 cred. Such BS, I'm glad I haven't bought the commander's armor set from CM yesterday. P.S gotta love those 9h dload times...I guess it's another bonus? :) Edited by Khaelanis

Problem is that A) server/gamebreaking bugs are way too common, and B) they have abandoned some time ago which could give them valuable feedback on how the server runs the updates as well as the general working on the PCs of players - the Public Test Server.

Bugs happen. Major gamebreaking bugs which require a lot of extra fixes aren't unheard of in MMOs either. But what's the issue here is that the game is getting nickle&dimed, a lot of old and completely annoying (and sometimes game-breaking) issues are still not solved yet, and the one tool which can safely allow mass-testing has been abandoned.

I agree take for instance WOW Blizzard has it's PTR running almost nonstop.

"We have arrived, and it is now that we perform our charge.

In fealty to the God-Emperor (our undying Lord) and by the grace of the Golden Throne, I declare Exterminatus upon the Imperial world of This Thread.

I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a million souls to oblivion.

May Imperial Justice account in all balance.

The Emperor Protects."

*Sings* I stay out too late, got nothing in my brain

That’s what people say, mm-mmm

I go on too many dates, but I can’t make them stay

At least that’s what people say, mm-mmm

But I keep cruising, can’t stop, won’t stop moving

It’s like I got this music in my mind saying it’s gonna be alright

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Baby, I’m just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

I shake it off, I shake it off

Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break

And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake

I never miss a beat, I’m lightning on my feet

And that’s what they don’t see, mm-mmm,

That’s what they don’t see, mm-mmm

I’m dancing on my own (Dancing on my own),

I’ll make the moves up as I go (Moves up as I go)

And that’s what they don’t know, mm-mmm,

That’s what they don’t know, mm-mmm

But I keep cruising, can’t stop, won’t stop grooving

It’s like I got this music in my mind saying it’s gonna be alright

Shake it off, shake it off

I-I, I shake it off, I shake it off

Hey, hey, hey, just think while you’ve been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats of the world

You could have been getting down to this sick beat

My ex-man brought his new girlfriend

She’s like "Oh my God", but I’m just gonna shake it

And to the fella over there with the hella good hair

Won’t you come on over, baby, we can shake, shake, shake

Edited by DarthEnrique

1 MILLION per hour? What the hell? The company you worked at would have an yearly production worth of roughly 4-12 billion then, depending on the method of calculation.

That's no quite "a lot".

Mil./Medical/Big Companies have easily such sums. Imagine the loss in the pharma Industry if time critical things get ****ed up because of a technical mess.

•Players can no longer toggle off the “Dusted with Snowflakes” buff that is received when hit with a Snowball.

Well thank god!!!! I was wondering when all your effort would be placed into that. Thank goodness you didn't waste time on say oh...pvp junk...or HERO engine optimization...or...a new War Zone.

ROFL... well they have to have priorities and im sure the guy who programmed them snowballs was mad people weren't forced to enjoy its effects

redneck actually go back to the 1930's a disputes in West Virginia. A large group of unionized miners marched south , to pressure the mine owners there to allow their miners to become unionized. To identify themselves, the miners all wore red bandannas around their necks. Publicity with the battles and court cases created the term red-necks, and at that time they were viewed as the good guys in the conflict.