Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I spoke too soon. As we were bringing the servers up we spotted another potential issue and are bringing the servers back into maintenance mode to look into it.

I will let you know more details as I have them.

-eric

This is ridiculous. You guys need to get your head out of your asses. Not everyone is free to play on this game.

HOLY CRAP! At the 2 cents an hour this games costs a subscriber per month, I'm out ALMOST 20 CENTS worth of playtime.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

This is funny. However, why be trilled about extended dowtimes? I have estimated an average of 4.5 hours per Tuesday when in reality it is most likely a tad higher, however, I have a link to some quick estimates based on $14.99 per month and the downtimes of the month. It isn't much we are losing to downtimes (especially if you are paying slightly less than the monthly charge by paying for months in bulk).

https://plus.google.com/102202723247824858692/posts/DTrMccXCbvB

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Wouldn't the simple thing to do be to just kill the mission completely until they figure out what's wrong and just put it back in a future patch when it gets fixed? One would think that the software would have been designed such that the missions are referenced by a table or database such that blocking access or entry to any mission would be configurable without accessing the code. Any entry into the area would be like what happens when the Rakghoul :rak_04: Event ends and you enter the area -- you get kicked back to the fleet.

Makes me wonder if there is a much more serious problem with 4.1 than is being adverstised.

the first MMO was UO. and u guys would have gotten farmed all day in fel

Wrong: The first MMORPG is believed to have shown up in 1996, Meridian 59. It wasn't until 1997, with Ultima Online, that the genre started to become popular.

I played the hell out of Meridian 59, I played a player killer called Pennywise.

Not how things work in the IT/dev world - not with a revenue costing event. No servers, no Cartel Market purchases. Usually in a major incident/DR event, they have estimates on how much revenue they are losing per hour. Those numbers will be brought up on the phone in every single conference call surrounding this outage.

NO ONE is sleeping tonight if this is still not fixed at COB...

(once worked at a company where the hourly estimate on loss was $1M/hour - it was all hands on deck for 30 straight hours - whether that number was realistic or not, that was the number constantly repeated on the calls)

Just replace all those people talking about revenue on the phone with technicians. And the server would be up again 6 our early not late...

Edited by Aaarrrgon