Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the Europe guy - hey you knew this was a US based game when you got it -- get over yourself - if a game was based in Europe I would not expect special treatment.

Considering that Europe has different servers than the US I'd say we still have a good point complaining when early access is supposed to be the 9th on EU servers just as it is on your side and it's almost quarter past 11 in the evening and it's highly doubtful that there'll be a lot left of the 9th. Putting up with maintenance during the afternoon is something we signed up for considering,as you said, it's a US based game. If the announcement is on the 9th and not on the 9th in the US one can expect to be able to play on said date in ones country. Sometimes things happen but BW has to live with people being annoyed by it and it's not special treatment if the developer makes promises and then doesn't keep them.

I Was waiting for some boost to jump into another mmo (probably Soul and Blade now that the English ver is up)

if there are still problems tommorow i think this will very well be the time to do just that and to lay off further subscriptions on SWOTOR.

(you might say that They might not care, but then i don't as well )

I lost game time, sure I am disappointed/pissed, I have played this game since beta, and I have had to deal with this more times than most of you can imagine, so please, stop whining and begging for compensation, I have gone through this situation more than most of you, just saying, also by the way, they are not inclined to give you anything its in the terms of service, they decide when they give you stuff, and its up to them to give stuff away, not you, that said, I am disappointed for sure, but stop whining like a bunch of children that gets the wrong present for Christmas, put a movie on, go to bed, its up by tomorrow.

Ref Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/mBZ7zZ

#1 - EU players need to shut up. It's equally bad for everyone, you're not special. The game is down which means NOBODY is playing but "oh poor me over in Europe, I deserve special treatment"...No, You Don't. US players sub too and we're suffering just like you. Nobody cares where you live.

#2 - ************ isn't getting the servers up any faster, shut up. In fact, the devs should go through the forums and punish those of you that talk **** by making you wait an extra day before you can get back in game just for being a dick.

#3 - These things happen. As many before me have said, are any of you ignorant enough to truly believe patching the game in a major way is going to be smooth and without any issues? How long have you been gaming for?? I remember My first MMO....

#4 - Yea it sucks, but I'll just patiently sit around and wait for the servers to bounce back because eventually they will.

EU players do have a point *******. The 2 days early access is based on the server local time zone, which means a full 24hrs of early access has ended in half of Europe already and will end in the next 42 - 102 minutes for the rest.

patches are run on US times, access is based on local server time..... So if you just had 24 hours of the 48 hours paid for early release taken off you, you would be complaining also.

Edited by Splifftor

All this saying we play for fun and they don't have to do anything...really?

Yes, we PAY to play for fun and they happily take our money as well.

In fact we had to PAY to have access for this early and now we have lost that - think they'll reimburse our funds? Not likely. So, yes, people will always be frustrated when their money is taken and nothing is given in return.

They are still getting paid whether the game is up or not but we are getting royally ripped off of our own money right now and nothing is being said about how we will be compensated for an entire day that was paid for for nothing :(

Well said!

It is not a defense to breaking the rules by saying "well everyone else is doing it".

They can and do punish people for this.

Yep...all those posting these are getting reported by someone and most likely will be punished....This is one thing they actually enforce.

For everyone complaining you need to consider attacking Eric Musco on here is not only childish but also pointless. He is a community spokesman (or whatever the title is) for the company and can only tell us what those in charge tell him that he can tell us about the current situation. I have been waiting since this morning to play and in 45 min have to get ready for work. I would have loved to take a look at the new story but I'm not going to nerd rage on the forums, threaten to unsub, or ask for free stuff because I feel entitled.

I do not know much about the problem but what I do know is that Eric and the other forum staff are trying to keep the player base entertained with a trivia game while giving out Cartel Coins for correct answers. They do not have to do this and I find it fun (even though i check back every 15 min or so and someone has answered the question already). All the bickering and spitting in the face of the forum devs is not going to fix this problem any faster so go do your homework, spend time with kids, or ect till you can play. The servers will be up when they are ready and no sooner due to you.

The best post I've seen on this thread.

+over 9,000