Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

I'm enjoying reading through the many, many whines from people complaining about how the problem should be fixed by now. If fixing a bug in a massively multiplayer online game is so easy, why don't you share some of your knowledge. Maybe you know something they haven't thought of? ....No?...what's that, you wouldn't even know how to write the code to render a block? I didn't think so either. So how bout we be patient and let them do their job.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should Europe get preferential treatment?

Side note: It's fun watching all the posts go by threatening to unsub and calling the dev team monkeys. You think that SWTOR is the only MMO that has problems on expansion days?

with or without problems we are customers, some of us paying his subscription for years. Is not about saying "monkeys" to the dev team. Is claming what we are paying for.

Sucks but better than having potentially game braking issues or huge exploits that go unadressed for ages.

But seriously BW, if we're going to have these chapters drop monthly, ya'll need to look at the way you handle large content patches lol.

So are we at the point that you might as well figure something else out to do? I agree with the postings, this is supposed to be professional and instead of a Beta Server where stuff can fail first without dragging down paid for time in the game we get this. Just about the last time for me on this game, for the last few months nothing is getting fixed, the Voss weekly has been down since October and the Protocol Droid routine isn't cute anymore, Conquest Points were done all of last week, this is starting to act like a Yugo, where we wonder how many pieces can fall off and it still run.

I was wondering if you guys tried *Scotch tape" yet? I have found that *Scotch Tape fixes a lot of things and very quickly I might ad. Sometimes a job can need something more heavy duty though, that is when I turn to duct tape and super glue. I have found that there is almost nothing that super glue and duct tape can't fix.

I hope this was helpful in getting the servers back up quickly.

Yours truly,

Non Justin Timberlake not crying you a river.

I guess an underpaid programmer in China or India will pay the price for the delay, still paying customers will get an apology, and then life as ordinary, until the next patch screwed up. So far lost 8hrs of paid subscription, what is Bioware going to do about it?

The funniest thing is how they call it an "unexpected additional downtime"

Really? Every long time MMO player knows in advance that something like this would happen, like it does every time an MMO rolls out a patch. How can it still be unexpected with people who work in the industry? :confused:

And you think they WANT this? lmao..... pretty deluded my poor friend.

It's not about them wanting this, but not caring enough to hire the needed amount of qualified personnel, they just choose to save some money and tolerate the bad publicity.

Probably Eric and many other employees aren't underpaid, but those that do the coding and testing have to be underpaid or working too much. I know programming is hard, I know making a game is hard, but it is their job, if they are qualified to do it there is a problem in planning or budget in the company. So after all someone's fault and that person is inside the company, so I think it is ok for people to complain.

They owe me nothing, my ***! They owe me a day of playtime that I, as every other sub out there, paid for and will not get! I had the day off today because it was holiday, and I planned to play. Tomorrow I have work, so obviously I won't be able to play until I get home.

My subscription will not magically add these hours and I will get no compensation for it. I am used to it by now, I know that's how it works because Bioware doesn't care much about their customers, none of that is fresh news.

But make no mistake, they do owe us. Without stupid idiots like us paying them, there would be no SWTOR!

**** happens. Deal with it or move on. Better yet, become a developer and fix it yourself and still shut up.