Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cows go Moo just fyi

This whole thread is very entertaining. I work in the gaming industry and can tell you that the whole team at Bioware are working their butts off. The process of launching major patches is a pain and debugging every possible issue even with extensive QA is hard. While I agree that just in a form of good faith and appreciation it would be nice for them to give out some coins or something as it costs them nothing. There is really no need for this much hate. I'd also love to have been playing today, but stuff happens and I'm glad the team is actually working to resolve the issue and not just saying **** it.

^^^^ This Guy ^^^^

Totally agree.

And Snakes go Hsssssss . . .

Once again EA fire into the field an untested patch which once again kills the bonuses us subscribers pay our fees for and never get because each time they get it so badly wrong.

I for one will be unsubing after yet another botched patch really guys you need to start testing this stuff if you want us to keep paying for it.

Also the promises of a hk55 isn't enough to keep my subs running when the patches you bring out are late and even then badly done.

I have stuck with this game threw a lot of lean times. this is the worst and the last todays patch is just the last straw for me.

QFT. Finally, someone with a good point. Us subs do pay for early access and never get it. maybe BW should jsut stop making that promise.

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

And this tells me that someone did not do full testing before making the update live.

I just sent a private message to one of the Devs & this is what is says:

This is why people are getting mad, its PAINFULLY obvious that all you need to do to clear up any problems on launch day is to clone one of the servers a few days before patch & do a test run there! And I do mean "Clone" as in exact copy. This is a no-brainer! PLEASE pass this on to the other staff.

Thank you in advance.

Not to be a pest but we do get free coins for this...right? I mean in two hours I'll have lost one of my three early access days that I subbed for... It'd be nice for some compensation..

Or they could just push general access back a day and you've "lost" NOTHING.

You twerps are asking for compensation for something that hasn't even been finalized yet.

Cows go Moo just fyi

This whole thread is very entertaining. I work in the gaming industry and can tell you that the whole team at Bioware are working their butts off. The process of launching major patches is a pain and debugging every possible issue even with extensive QA is hard. While I agree that just in a form of good faith and appreciation it would be nice for them to give out some coins or something as it costs them nothing. There is really no need for this much hate. I'd also love to have been playing today, but stuff happens and I'm glad the team is actually working to resolve the issue and not just saying **** it.

I love this guy :jawa_biggrin:

Thanks Eric for the hard work and tell the team we appreciate it. I understand that when this happens you are probably less happy than we are and on top of that you have to listen to people who just want to complain. To the Europe guy - hey you knew this was a US based game when you got it -- get over yourself - if a game was based in Europe I would not expect special treatment. Its day time here and lots of us did not get to play you are not being persecuted lol - to the others who are jones-in over the game being down I say this learn a little patience and grow up - abusing the game techs and giving them a harder time than they are already having is NOT cool!! Again Eric thanks and thanks to those working hard to fix the issue

here here!

***?! Really? You got us still waiting? What the heck Bioware? All of us have been waiting for the game... HELLO! What are you smoking? You sit here talk us into subbing by giving us free items and early access yet we have no early access whatsoever because servers are still down for maintenance when we were given a four hour downtime window and yet here it is five hours after the fact with only the fact we got an issue with the servers no solution yet or what is going on or why, etc. This is ridiculous. You better give us an extra day of our subscription that we payed for or some type of compensation for this lost time... Edited by CommunityDroidEU
referral link removed

Do you have a clue? Galaxies was dead since the combat upgrade....that is when the masses left the game. For some reason it reminds me on something....oh Fallen empire. Swtor has became the special Ed. of mmo's.

They shut it down for this poor excuse of a game...and galaxies itself was a poor excuse for a game. It failed, just like your dreams.

Galaxies was an amazingly advanced mmo, it died because of the learning curve initially and then being nerfed into a WoW style clone causing the ones that actually built the community to leave.... fact