The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

Well, just being realistic here...

2 day early access is now, literally, a 1 day early access for european people, our day is pretty much ended (10:15pm here) and regular people (not me, though^^) will go to bed soon. So, I have every understanding for anyone who is actually complaining about it, they have every right to do so.

On the other hand, of course...for us people who play MMOs the last like...15 years, its not a surprise of course. Dumb cliches á la "don't play on patch day" are concepts we are used to. No company running an MMO was ever able to just provide patches without messing everything up 90% of the time...

Well put:)

Other games/genres are doin just fine with that *shrug*

I wouldn't go so far as to say that;)

Anyway, I will probably be waiting and play half the night through, despite having to work tomorrow. Always been like that, won't change...I am too old to change I guess^^

Please guys, get the game back running and compensate for all the people who feel bad in any way now. Even those who are just here to rage and flame about it: They are "here", literally, they care, they are the people who keep your game running, "our" game running, and I'd want to keep it that way. So please, make them, and all of us, a little bit happy, alright?

Thx^^

Agreed:D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we fix the problems with the mini map and mission box always glitching me out of the game too please... I have been ignored for weeks and it sucks that i'm paying when this is still a problem.... thank you, -vinnie

Thank you for keeping us updated Bioware! Appreciate it!

One last request. Please make a new mount - one of the pigs that we had to kill on Rishi and give everyone that has it an achievment "Slimy like a Hutt" so we can all see it. Then, would you kindly proceed with awarding the said mount to all the waste of flesh greedy loosers that demand compensation for a small downtime? It would mean a world to me if I can identify people like that ingame as well and make all of our Star Wars saga polutent-free while I continue to enjoy the game that I love with the gratitude of a man that understands how much goes in to it.

Cheers!

10:30 PM here, I guess this is a lost day without gaining any credits or loot ingame. Thanks a lot Bioware! Waiting all day as renewed sub I love to waste money on things I don't end up receiving. just a perfect gift for paying customer! I'm rather disappointed!

Holy shT what a bunch of sour whiney little girls. If you had any idea what its actually like to implement stuff like this into a datacenter you have no idea how problematic it can all be, stop whining and get out of the fking basement you peons

Thank you Thank you Thank you. I love to play this game -- but you know what I like to do lots of other stuff too -- so waiting is not a problem. I'd be mad if it messed up my characters. :)

So all you whiners go watch tv, read a book --- go do something that doesn't try your patience.

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

The update is much appreciated! Thanks for continuing to give us support!

All the moaning on here is actually quite enjoyable to read. In the 4 years that SWTOR has been out, how many times have the servers been offline for an extended period? Think back over all that time and, you will find, that it hasn't happened all that often at all.

You'd all be the first to complain if you logged in and it was so bugged that you couldn't play. They haven't taken it offline for ***** and giggles, they've taken it offline to fix the issues so that we can play the game! Is that a crime suddenly?

These things happen quite often, especially in MMO's when nothing will ever be perfect because it's an ever changing environment. At least they are communicating with us and telling their customers the situation and why the servers offline, unlike another major MMO company who have been known to take servers offline for DAYS without a single word of apology to their subs.

I must be missing something, too. How is throwing, leading and lighting up something that's been altered going to work? And it's not really a sacrifice if you have to coerce, or force, someone to alter his or herself. Sacrifice is voluntary.

On a side note. Who wants to guess at how many "How long is maintenance/When will the servers be back up?" Or "No / Little Notification of Maintenance." Or just general rage posts there'll be on Twitter?

I was on another MMO game for two years,so I _know_,what it means to improve,paching,ect such a game,but it was _alvays_ on the offical page,if it was delaed,along with a sorry note,and when you come online,it was the 1st thing,you've seen, I think its clear. :) sry,I1ve taken the qooute from wrong message,I apologize.

Edited by vmicus

As a founder, I was around when patches were just as tedious as this one. Because of garbage like this, I unsubbed for over 2 years and now that I'm back, I am seeing a repeat of the same ineptitude that drove me from the game in the first place. You'd think that after more than 3 years, you'd have these issues sorted out prior to going live. It really is inexcusable at this stage in SWTOR's lifespan to miss your target time over and over.

I keep getting Network error 310, tried the one fix i found on here and it gave me network error 311.. the patch is stuck at 1gb remaining. any ideas?

Here is an Imgur Image link for resolving the 301 error.

http://i.imgur.com/5U5A6A3.png?1

Just hit the pause button for download then hit play the download should resume you can look at the image link I posted above.

If the error occurs again just repeat. I had to do it twice after the second time it downloaded all the way through.