Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

Jet packs for everyone! and some cartel coins :D

Stop the ************ and go make some food or some love or do something you have been waiting to do!

While we are at it, I enjoy this game very much and don't mind the wait! They are ensuring our gaming experience will be top notch with the least amount of bugs possible. The one they are fixing happens to affect your character so much they took everything down just to make sure we don't get affected by it I personally think that is very commendable! If you agree with me I would like to extend my invite for 7 days for anyone who is interested and does not mind the wait! Click here http://www.swtor.com/r/m79G2L See you in game!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people who are current subscribers if the server were to go down for a full day would we be reimbursed for that downtime?

Are you kidding me? you want a reimbursement of .50??? If you need .50 that bad you should perhaps not be a subscriber. What is wrong will all of you????? Are you so used to instant gratification you can't be patient. I'd rather have it fixed and not glitches that have problems. Sheesh. Grow up.

Extended maintenance (with no ETA) = Early access subscriber reward worthless. Typical. If we have to wait half a day or more that cuts into our early access it is only fair that non-subscribers be unable to log-in on the 11th.

plz click referral link III and referral link the IV here:

plz click referral link IV and referral link V here:

big dick pills and 1 mil creds w/ a holo-rancer mount

Edited by Chicato
rickrolled

I love all the boneheads demanding compensation because they took a day off to play the game while they've known for months that its patch day and things go wrong....nobody told you to slack off for the game lmao they promised 3 days of early access so im sure they will push everything off a day to adjust for time lost. Also if you think you could do better programming and installing an mmo played in many countries on many dif servers flawlessly PLEASE go and apply for work at bioware and prove it...(waits for the hateful responses from butthurt morons who know nothing about game programming with popcorn in hand)

pssst. heya m8,

Early access is the 9th and 10th.

All others is February 11th.

your compensation will be an abacus.

Is that popcorn buttered?

thx m8.

I was hoping subs would get only 2 days of a headstart on f2p ers and preferred.

I understand stuff happens between Test servers and a live launch, but the downtime here is a bit excessive. When things like this happen, it should only be natural for BioWare to compensate the players in some small way to foster good will towards the Community. I know everybody wants free stuff; however, I think it's warranted in this case. It doesn't have to be anything "huge": maybe a mount, a pet, some cartel coins, anything really... Other MMOs I have played do this with extended and unplanned downtime, so I'm not sure why SWTOR doesn't. If I'm totally out of bounds on this one, sorry in advance...

agree on that

On the plus side, all these posts are more amusing then I EVER Saw over on any other MMORPG Downtime Thread. KEEP IT UP!!!

Also, Devs, Techs, Thanks for your hard work.

/Don't kill me for the earlier ref post. The Kitties in my lap made me do it.

Firstly I'd like to say KUDOS to the team for finding a potential bug in the system as you bring the servers up and making the call to bring the servers back down to try and address the issues. Good call and I wish you guys and girls all the best in fixing the issue or issues. ;)

I actually don´t mind if there is a problem after the update and they take a whole day to fix it... I am not going to die because of it. However, waiting to update with the super-slow bitRaider... that´s a different story I wish they could change to something more efficient.

And about the usual comparison between SWG or "EA ruining everything". All I can say is SWG is dead and Support with EA is actually good, have you ever try solve a problem with 2k? gosh those people are the very definition of slow

Are you kidding me? you want a reimbursement of .50??? If you need .50 that bad you should perhaps not be a subscriber. What is wrong will all of you????? Are you so used to instant gratification you can't be patient. I'd rather have it fixed and not glitches that have problems. Sheesh. Grow up.

well, bro, in Brazil we pay like 70 dollars for 30 days subscription :)

Excellent point! I think you guys are right on the "money"...

No clue what he said, but he made it sound professional.

My guess "We didn't test it on a proper real server environment so when we tossed it on the live server it went boom"

I just posted my link once. I got 4 lucky folks with my link.

Now the real question is... will you KEEP those clicks...

If I were in charge, I'd remove every click and all the CC and give everyone posting them a two week time out from the forums.

EU players do have a point *******. The 2 days early access is based on the server local time zone, which means a full 24hrs of early access has ended in half of Europe already and will end in the next 42 - 102 minutes for the rest.

patches are run on US times, access is based on local server time..... So if you just had 24 hours of the 48 hours paid for early release taken off you, you would be complaining also.

Um let's see...I'm subbed sooooo this IS paid time taken away from me whether it's early access or not. Nobody...and I mean NOBODY wants to hear you all cry about "special treatment" when NONE OF US ARE PLAYING. If us US players were logging in but EU players couldn't...then you'd have a point, but since that's not the case you just sound like a douchebag.